Finally out of boot camp!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish_clayton, May 22, 2009.

1. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I don't know if any of you remember the post about me joining the Navy on a SEAL contract. Well, I found out real quick that being a SEAL was just not my thing. So for the past few weeks I've been attending my A school at the Center for SEABEES in Wichitaw Falls, TX. training to be an electrician. Its pretty cool, and its allot better waking up and knowing you have some job security. Instead of getting laid off and doing odd jobs having to pay rent and all the other things that go along with being a 20 year old civilian in this economy.

Well anyway, I just wanted to write and say hi to all my friends here at the BOC. I got a laptop and wireless internet now so Ill be able to keep up with you all.

Oh yeah, if anyone knows any good catfishing spots around this town let me know. I got the catfishing fever!:big_smile:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good to see you back Clayton:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats brother, sorry to hear that seal thing didn't work out for you

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    My nephew wanted to be a seal as well but after training with them he ended up getting medical discharge, My oldest brother retired form service as a electrician and fell into a good job real quick, learn as much as you can because it will help you out in the long run. good luck

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats on making it through boot camp! I hope that you enjoy your time as a SeaBee. I have an uncle who was one for a while. Glad to see you back up on the boards!

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome back. Thank you for your service.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good job Clayton, dont worry about not being a SEAL if it is meant to happen then it will. Also being a Seabee will teach you mad skills for the outside world so it aint that bad. GO NAVY bro

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Congrads on finding your calling and thanks for watching out for us!! Sometimes what we think we want to happen isn't the best thing for us.

9. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Congrats! You will have a blast!