Finally made it to Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Big Russ, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Big Russ

Big Russ New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well folks I finally got moved out here.My wife and kids love it here. They`re really excited to see all the wildlife and my two girls cant wait to go camping.
    We bought a home in Ozark and now I would like to learn of some of the local fishing holes. If anyone out there has any sugestions or better yet would like some company on their next trip out, I would like to find some new fishin` buddy`s out here in the springfield/ozark area.
    Thanks. Russ

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Russ I can't help you out on the fishin Buddy part .A little to far away .I'm sure someone will come along from that area.
    However I can say Welcome to the Show-Me-State. Lots of good fishin,campin and wild life watchin here.Down where you all are at you should be able to see a little bit of ever thing.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to MO. LOZ is a wonderful area with lots of good fishing. I am sure you all will be happy there.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Welcome to the Show-Me-State! :big_smile:

If you're in the Springfield area, you really should go check out theWonders Of WildLife Museum next to the Bass Pro headquarters! I make a trip over there once a year just to enjoy walking around in that really neat place!

Once again welcome to Missouri!

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to Missouri. A great state it is. Great people, great food, and great Catfishing. :big_smile:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Welcome! Cuz is right, food's good, people are friendly, and you've got some of the best fishing in the country pretty close to you. My wife is a CA native and loves it here, hopefully you all will, too. If you haven't already, the MO Dept. of Conservation website is a great place to start to find some good fishing/camping sites. I moved here almost 3 years ago and one of the first things I noticed was how many state parks, nature areas, etc. MO has. Enjoy!

Branden

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It took ya long enough, we've had the light on now for God knows how long. LOL

By the way, now you can get rid of that ugly lookin address location that shows up in the upper right side of your posts. Disgusting! Yuck! Take it away!

Sorry, couldn't resist. We actually like California so much we named a town here for it. Then again, we have a whole list of towns like Cuba, Mexico, Louisiana and such.

8. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Welcome to you and your family, there's some great fishing in that area for all kinds of species. The deer are a little small for my liking though.

9. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Russ,

There are some great waters within striking distance of Ozark, MO. I used to live about an hour east (middle of nowhere) of where you're at. Within an hour or two, you've got Truman Lake, Lake of the Ozarks, Bull Shoals Lake, Lake Taneycomo, Stockton Lake, Pomme de Terre, Table Rock Lake, Norfork Lake, and myriad small streams and rivers. Don't forget about Bennett Spring State Park!

You've got waters for Blue Catfish, Flathead Catfish, and Channel Catfish. There's Largemouth, Smallmouth, Goggle-Eye, and Spotted bass waters. There's even Rainbow and Brown trout fishing nearby (Taneycomo, Norfork, Bennett Spring).

But for trophy cats, you'll want to concentrate on Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake. But remember, you're not a true ozark hillbilly until you've gone giggin' for suckers in the winter...it's a blast and I encourage you to find someone who will let you go with them.

Welcome to Missouri!

10. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    welcome Russ hope you enjoy it. the talrace up here at truman is pretty hot right now.

11. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    but keep it quiet its a secret hole lol

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to you and your family. I hope you all come to love our state as much as I do. tens of thousands of acres of public land to use at no cost.