Finally legal

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, I finally have the boat completely legal. SHHHHH......I took it out a few times without being completely legal, just to test everything out to make sure it was worth legalizing this summer. Anyway, this weekend I plan on heading to Rend Lake. If anyone, like lets say Big Muddy, has had any luck anywhere let me know. I would really like Dillon to catch some, as it has been a pretty rough couple weeks on our end.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    the channels are definitly back on. id put in at the boatel(if its not too windy) and head north west toward the big island. then drift south. ive been using cut gills and shad. you could also put in at the boat ramp thats west of the spillway and try the flat that is on the north side of the spillway. right next to the point. you cant miss it.

3. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois

Are you talking about the ramp that is right down the road from the Spillway? The one that has 2 lanes and all that.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ya, its off rend city road. almost right in the southwest corner of the lake.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    well congrats on finally getting the boat up and running, congrats

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred I think Dillon will give you a fishing lesson. Give us an update on how it went. Good Luck.

7. tbirdbassr

tbirdbassr New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hey Kojak join the crowd got mine 2 1/2 years ago and finally got it legal this year lol it was prolly on the water a few hundred times before that lol:crazy: