Finally! Just in time...

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Jan 23, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I finally received my repaired (replaced) Lowrance sonar yesterday. I shipped the old one out on November 17th, and it's taken all this time to get a replacement. I love their products, but sure had a sour taste in my mouth by the time it arrived. Two months is a ridiculous amount of time for a repair, even considering going to a new computer system. What little dealings I've had with Lowrance support up to now, though, had been positive, so I guess I'll get over it. :wink:
    It's been a long haul not having that unit, though, and it's affected my fishing, even though I have a Humminbird 797 side imaging unit. It just doesn't do as well as the Lowrance in standard sonar mode, in my opinion.
    Oh, well, at least I don't have a reason not to fish this weekend, now. With the front coming through on Saturday, that should be the best day.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I love my Lowrance and would not be to happy if it were gone for two months.:sad2:

Thanks Tommy for using that special address I sent you for service from Lowrance. Now I know all your secret spots!:eek:oooh:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GLAD you got it back in service, Tommy. The way you handled the field at the last tourney WITHOUT it, we're probably in trouble for sure now!! :wink::smile2::wink:

Bill in SC

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Bill. The HB works pretty good, but it just isn't as easy to read as the Lowrance. Side imaging part is great, though, and that's mostly what I was using during the tournament. I wanted to go yesterday, but the wife's explorer has developed a water leak, and I had to work on that instead.

5. Larry D

Larry D New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I sent mine back because the GPS quit working, six weeks later I got it back . after ONE fishing trip it quit working again.Sent it back for the second time DEC. 9th and just got it back last week.The unit that is ,still dont have the GPS antenna back yet. I love my Lowrance when it works, just hasnt work much latley.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope you get out there and do well. I don't think there is such a thing as customer service these days

7. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    my gps ant bummed out too. lgc 3000. a retailer in hartsville supposedly sent it off under warranty for me. well after six months of calling i was finally told it had returned and was charged shipping charges but recieved no paperwork and was told not to contact lowrance if it didn't work bu to return to him. supposedly lowrance found no problem with it after sixmonths. well surprise it still didn't work so i ordered a used ant off ebay. would u believe it worked like a champ. really burns me up but now i know.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, John, from Bennettsville. Bummer about the customer service! Hey, if you live as close as Hartsville, give me a shout if you want to fish the Pee Dee some. I live on the river as much as possible.

Bill in SC

9. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    thanks, gonna concentrate on learnin wateree for the next bit but pee dee sounds great. i live in bishopville so hartsville is very close.

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've found good service by ordering direct from LEI Accessories, the lowrance factory site. Service has been real good, with fast delivery, and the prices are about what you would pay at distributors. I don't have the faith to order electronics from ebay yet; glad it worked well for you, though. Give us some fishing reports now. BTW, Welcome to the BOC!

11. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    thanks and i will as soon as have some to give. yea i found lei very helpful which is how i determined my ant was bad in the first place. the guy that sent it off was supposedly making a warranty claim. they had actually offered me a sizable discount on the phone since i was replacing a defective part that was only a couple weeks out of warranty. i'm gonna order the fuel flow sensor from them before spring. like u said the price is about the same as anywhere else.