Finally, it is Memorial Day. Pick your.............

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 31, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have spent a coupla days on this planet and this year was a little strange.

In years past the approach of Memorial Day meant a lot to our Midwest Family here in Iowa. A day to honor and remember our dead. Dead family and those dead who died so we still had the freedom to honor our dead.

For years and years I watched my Mother gather Peonies and Iris from her garden to decorate graves. I have continued to do this, kinda a tradition ya know. This year with Memorial Day celebrated so early those peonies and iris weren't ready. Today the 31st of this month is typically when this holiday was observed. And wouldn't ya know it those puppies have come true to form this day. Like they were intended.

We are fortunate to have many and they are beautiful. Nancy picked bunches to give to friends and acquaintances and brought some in the house. Took some pictures to show ya.

Now it is officially Memorial Day.

John.

At least nobody is bringing them to put on my grave, Yee Hee.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Beautiful

3. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Hey Beetlejuice - If you think it was strange to you, I was born on Memorial Day ( not really, I was born before Memorial Day was a holiday) but I was born on May 30th and there was always a family gathering, Indy 500 race, lots of American flags displayed, a visit to Jefferson Baracks for Memorial Day ceremonies, and last but not least - my birthday.

Then the Yankees messed with it. Now, my birthday is still May 30th, but everything else is on some other day or days. Just ain't the same.

4. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Really nice John!

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    To hell with the flowers. I was checkin out the good lookin woman that stuck her mugg in there. LOL! Nice shots John. Keep on keepin on. :wink:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    John how old are you if thats your wife you robbed the cradle a couple of times over havnt you:eek:oooh::smile2:

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gary lad, I am one hundred and two. That's older than Ole and Zalma put together.

I need someone as young as Nancy to push me around in my wheelchair, esp. when we shop at Wal-Mart. She also is pretty good at slopping the hogs and stacking hay in the barn.

Have a story to tell one of these days about Nancy and I, will put that over in the chicken liver section or the potty training pdf file buried somewhere in HiHo Land of the Dwarfs.

John.

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Nice picture of your grandaughter.