FINALLY I'm off the Skunkmaster list!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Malichi1970, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Me and Deb put in yesterday morning at Flamm Deb was having her UFC matchup agains OleJer. We fished all day long and couldn't buy a bite, we seen Cuz and the Okies head out as we tried desperately to get Deb a winning fish. Well 8 o'clock came and went and we were sun burnt and wore out when we finally started working our way back to Flamm...when along comes Ryan. He says that he's heading up river to fish downtown and we should follow.....Needless to say we swapped some bait and away we went. Set up on a hole side by side with Ryan and after a bit he catches one, then aonther, then another.....at which point I started thinking that watching him catch fish is really getting to be old (you must understand this isn't the first time I've been out with Ryan and watched him catch one fish after another while my poles don't even move) Finally we get a fish, not thinking I reeled it in, but it wasn't long before Deb got one for herself which we quickly took a picture of for her matchup hoping that Jer got the skunk today. Anyway after a few more fish I hooked into one that finally got me over the 20lbs. mark....21.6lbs. to be exact. We had a great time fishing for over 24 hours straight and caught alot of fish. I'll let Ryan tell you about the one that got away and me having to jump in his boat to keep him from loosing another good one. Heres some pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice pics, and great fish. i hope this means we are over the hump, and some dandys will start comming in regularly. congrats!

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Woohooo congrats to both of you. You surely deserve it. Come on Mike, that trophy wasn't that bad was it. Lol

great pics guys! Thx for sharing

4. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Congrats on the catch, nice pics

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'll have yo know Cuz that I keep that trophy proudly displayed right on top of my computer desk. So everytime I go on the BOC I can' look at at.

Almost forgot

THANKS RYAN!!!

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Good job, Mike! Congratulations! Sounds like everyone had a good night last night!:wink:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice work to punkin and both of you. Sweet trip. Nice to see those smiling faces

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    'rumor' has it that Ol grumper had a special rare catch too.

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I ended up with a pure white 45lb. Albino last night. I'll post up the pics when I get to a computer. I fished with Dan, and it was a pleasure having him in the boat. Dan, you're welcome anytime.:wink;

I'm headed to the Cardinal game here in a bit, then going out with a westie, Gary F for an all nighter.:cool2:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now that Mike has worked hard and fished his way off of being the 2009 Gateway Skunkmaster Champion, who's still in the running? Isn't punkin the worthy keeper of 'the list' ?

11. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    WTG mike and the gang. thanks for sharing the pics

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well done Mike! You certainly deserved a good night of fishing! After all them nights looking over HarryOld's holes and putting up with him!! :crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Good Job!

13. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Congarts Mike and Deb it was a great night on the river for sure....

14. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mike/Deb great fish and story, good on the both of you. Now PUT SOME ALOE ON THOSE BURNS!! :wink: Ouch!

Had a good night on the water with Gary and yes, he caught the white whale that Captain Ahab so dearly sought. VERY cool fish. One I might think about mounting, Gary.:smile2::smile2::wink:

I have some pics of it on my camera as well that I'll try to get on here.

The best part of it all was that Gary's Moby had a fairly recent hole in his lower jaw that was most surely made from a fish hook other than Gary's--evidence of another fisherman out there practicing CPR! :big_smile:

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    CPR works!!! Cool, thanks for sharing that nugget of information Dan! :big_smile:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Happy for all of ya. Wow, must be a bite on or something.

17. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Congrats Mike Good job--
    Now Deb,check the ufc for the bad news

18. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Congratulations Mike and Deb! WTG on a good trip!

19. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats guys!! thanks for sharing the pics!!man, 24 hrs. thats one long night!!

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats Mike and Debbie! I was sure glad you came up there with me. It was nice to have somebody there to talk to and enjoy the night with. It was also nice to have someone share the story and see the big one that got away. It was a monster.:crazy: