Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my bait tank! It is a 6' foot swimming pool with a 80 GPH fountain and a 10 inch air stone. I do not have my goldfish yet all I have in there is 30 or 40 prawn and 3 crawfish. All in all it should cost about $60 with fish if you need buy all the stuff, I did not need to buy it all. I can't wait to do some yellow cat fishing!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Looks good, watch out for raccoons and other critters though. Unless you have a way to cover your tank, I'm sure it will get their attention.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you the replies, keep letting me know what I can do to make it better!
I do not think I will need to worry about raccoons because it is in our dogs pen, but I will be getting a top for it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my goldfish today, I told them that I wanted 50 because I knew that they would give me more than that and I got 84, I was hoping for 100 so I am going to get some more the next time we are in town.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i used the exact same setup, minus the air stone, for fathead minnows and river shiners. worked great. kept a couple small red eared sliders in there to clean up the dead minnows. you can get an umbrella net to get bait out of there, it makes it real easy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got 58 more goldfish today, I also got a top for it, it is two old screen doors that I got from my grandfather and they work great! I had to take out the crawfish and the prawn because they got the tales off 3 or 4 of my goldfish. Here is the new pics!

A close up pic my my fish.

What do yall think of my high tech top LOL!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
looks like it will work bud. make sure you do partial water changes and squirt some of that ammonia treatment in there from time to time!

·
Registered
95 Posts
One way to keep your pool cooler is to dig it underground. IF I remeber correctly the ground temp stays almost constant at like 5O something if you get to some depth. You would probally need some machinery or alot of work! BE CAREFUL though of small children and animals crawling in it and drown..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.