finally I found a site for me...

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by brucemacgee19, Jul 18, 2008.

1. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    been steady juggin for three years now. our group has a bunch of great nights behind us. my problem is that we fish legal, and get our butts kicked on a regular basis when we jug on high rock lake in nc. I know that the lake is full of flat heads and we "need to be r and r fishing live bait." we ain't much on the r and r, so we would really appreciate any info on juggin highrock lake, nc.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome from Missouri Adam. You can find out practically anything your looking for on this site. Check out the different forums and library and if ya can't find it, ask. Someone here will likely help you out.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC, good luck jugging.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    welcome to the boc i am not a jugger but if you want to set some lines check out mega cat crew they have cool stuff and they are a sponser of the boc

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Welcome to the brotherhood from Florida, Adam. :big_smile:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i see you found the section. got my personal message?

if ya cant fish live on jugs. can you use bluegills as cut bait? alot of guys here catch flatheads on fresh cut bait. but im not precice on your bait laws.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
  8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[º>

9. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    this thing won't let me pm you back. yeah we can use cut bait and we do......... but not with any luck. I was hoping that someone on the nc site would lend a hand. it doesn't seem like they want to budge.

I couldn't believe the atitiude from those guys in the other section. it isn't like that around here where I live. if I was to tell one of my buddies that somebody on here thinks 20 jugs is too many then he would laugh. most of my buddies are not happy with the new law of 70 jugs here in nc. they think if you ain't putting out 100, then you ain't really trying hard enough. don't get me wrong 60 is a bunch of work, but work is what we like to do when fishing. then we hope to have a bunch more work when the cleaning time comes.

when I can pm you then we might trade some recipes of something ...... thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

10. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to BOC Adam, sorry I'm not a jug fisherman, but can you use cut bait in NC?

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no problem buddie. thats why im here.

seems there some of those "perfect" guys. most in that thread are on my ignore list.
    you need ten posts to be able to send a p/m. and if your state guys want to try and force there methods on ya dont let it get to ya. come here. well do what we can to help ya out.

12. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    where there is plenty of water and fish i see no problem with jugs
    hell i used to use them in oklahoma
    here in kansas im only allowed 8 lines and i catch fisheven with 8 so i am still happy

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people. You will find all kinds of interesting stuff on here. Good luck with you jugs

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First WELCOME to the BOC!! Don't do a lot of jugging but,fish the Mississippi mostly and current would most likely take them down to N.O. for me. Sounds like a lot of work fishin with 100 jugs. Guess I'm lazy ,I'll stick to the R&R's Again welcome to the BOC/SOCFamily!!

15. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    let me back up fellas..... I don't want to brag or even sound like one. we have a small group (10 or so boats monthly) that jug fish. during that time we have gotten many great ideas from one another. we do a bunch of research and trade ideas. we make bait on tuesdays, fix the boat on fridays, and jug fish sat night. we can use cut bait, but we have some recipes that out fish cut bait week in and week out.
    that is just a little summery of how we do it through the hot nc summers after the gobblers quit hollarin. I thought that most everyone else did the same when they jug fished. I'm sorry for the bluntness and taking my words for granted. I was brushed the wrong way by a couple of others on here as soon as I got in here.
    to recap I am happy to be here. and thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can help out some from time to time. but I think I'm gonna be busy trying to take all the useful information in.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Adam Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.

17. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    I even went and found a pic to show the simplicity of our process. this is one of our twenty jug sets. very packable......

now if I can insert a pic I'll be alright
    [​IMG]

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

19. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    what do you thing about this? I have a nice public cove with dock and all that I am going to chum for a couple of days. I plan to R and R from the doc and since I currently only possess one decent outfit, I thought I would chunk a couple of jugs far out into the middle of the cove and tie them off with parachute cord for retrieval. Think it will work? Sounds like you might know what about what on this subject. By the way, welcome to the BOC and with some of these guys you just have to put on a thick skin. Not worth getting upset over man.:smile2::big_smile::0a25:Ronnie

20. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    actually have done this as a kid and yes it does work:wink: