Finally I did it...bartlett7-21-09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GwillE, Jul 22, 2009.

1. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    What a night! I finally caught my first big flathead! after weeks of failing to hook one of these beauties I just couldnt keep myself at home on my day off. Headed out to bartlett With my bro's grabbed some gills and headed to the river!
    After setting up camp we moved down the river a bit more it was about 1:30 in the morning when pole fell over. I got lucky cause he ran towards the boat and the fight wasnt long. my scale read 17lb. we got a couple more good runs but they were line busters!
    I want to thank everyone on the boc for all the helpfull tips & advice. cant wait to get out there and do it again! :big_smile:
    Oh one more thing After a couple of photos I released him!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Good job bro, I havent been out in a couple weeks, which is sad sad sad considering i usually go out three times a week!

3. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats on the fish,thats great!!:cool2: I see you got the Skunko seal of approval for the release!!LMAO LMAO

4. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Congradulations big homie;

Now the new goal is to hook up a even bigger one. Hopefully next time I could be there. I'm glad your having fun because thats whats it's all about.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    great job!!!!! glad to hear you weren't hungry that night. LOL may you catch many more bigger ones.
    gary

6. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Yeah man I got to keep raising the bar for myself. Thanks again for the info! I guess I'm gonna have to take a saturday off so we can roll out there

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Thanks tofish! Didn't need him for dinner still have a few channels left from previous trips! Hey I think I'm gonna head down to Yuma in sept for the dove hunt maybe we can hook up in the evening and do some fishing.

8. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    Congrats GWillE, my PB is 25# from Agua Fria River at Pleasant. I think I got my fuel problem solved, but now my water pump impeller in shot. If it's not one thing it's three. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

9. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Nice Flathead - many more to come...

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    congrats Gil, looks like a nice one. been on the hunt for my first flathead for a while now.

11. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Skunkopotamus, It sounds like you don't eat a lot of catfish.:big_smile:

12. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats Gilbert on your catch. It is those line busters that keep you awake at night!

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice fish,
    I have not been out in months...
    ~ Glad to hear you are having some success..

Thank you for releasing her! Reps for you bro!

14. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    good job bro it feels good dont it keep it up they'll only get bigger.

15. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    congrats brotha it was a nice catch. i had a good time and next time ill hook up with my first flattie. fo sho. :cool2:

16. vinny383

vinny383 New Member

State:
    gilbert,arizona
    congrats!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

17. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Big Vinny I miss ya on the water bro!!!, i have been busy and plan to get out more often ill call ya

18. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That makes me feel better, I thought you were fishing without me!!

19. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Yeah hopefully next time we can there a little earlier and stay out longer! Thanks for providing us with jokes for the night! Lol I will never forget how fast you ran back to the boat after seeing that little bobcat run by are camp! I never seen anyone walk on water before! Lol!!!!

20. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Never, just been busy. I havent even made it out to my local spot, although you remember Ricky,Well he yanked out a 57 lber last week, and a 44 lber last night at the norm spot we go. 44lber off Bluegill, 57 off a treble hook loaded with worms. Last couple times I went out, I only caught small ones. I need to go out badly! I hear they are just done with the spawn, and are out cruising our area.