Finally hittin old yellow river

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by bigmaac73, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Well, its been a while since I said it, but I am finally goin to the river this weekend. Been planing this 3 day 2 night 40 or so mile trip down the river for some time. Now me and a buddy will be putting in just to the west of where the shoal dumps into the yellow and going all the way to 87. Gonna get plenty of gills and gonna try to net lots of shiners. Hopefully I can get lots of shiners. If anybody's got any last minute advice, I could sure use it. Gonna be the first time in the new boat and first time on the yellow. Anything ya'll got I'll take.

2. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    where is the landing you are putting in. i live in alabama and have fished several miles on the yellow. i would like to know more of the yellow in fl

3. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I was going to put in at the landing on the shoal river at HWY 85, but was later told that the last few miles of the shoal where it dumps into the yellow was no navigable. We put in about a mile west of the mouth of the shoal. Didn't do any good on this trip. The rain hardly let up the entire time so we only fished for one day. It has kept raining the two days we have been back. Maybe later.