finally got to fish

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ibmeubu, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well we finally had a day that was at least tolarable to be be out on the lake. It was by no means a great day but was a day to think that they just fixing to start biting. My wife and I went out the old channel that goes around what used to be Reynoldsburg island. We started out fishing with no current and night crawlers. Caught a few fiddlers, the kind you can hold up to the light and see thru them.and then i noticed that they had started to pull just a little current. I bated one hook with night crawlers and the other with garlic soaked chicken livers . just as the current picked up and I was exercizing my elbow i almost got my arm tore off. Within about 6 minutes we caught 7 whites about 4 to 5 pound one after the other , then all of a sudden the current chut off and so did our fishing. It was almost instant with the current. The thing that was strange was all the whites were stuffed full , I only catch and release so I didn't ckeck to see what they were full of,but i do know they were real excited with the chicken livers and garlic. I was pulling off the old river bank in about 8 ft droping to 35 ft about half way was when they nailed it .. On my way back in the morning. But with turkey livers.. do you all have a lot of thick grass growing where you are. The only places that are clear here is the main channel and the mouth of the creeks

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    where was you fishing

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on getting out there and on the catch too. Keep us updated of future outings