Finally got to catch carp on my newish setup

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, Mar 13, 2007.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bought the rod last year brand new, but did not catch a carp on it for 3 months, they hit every rod except for it. It is a 10ft Silstar with Okuma Avenger baitrunner reel, and I usually fish it with banksticks and a bite alarm. I went for catfish and in 4 hours I caught none. So I went to my only class of the day then thought, it is 70 outside, I should go to the main carp pond. So I went and freelined bread with no weight on topwater with the setup. I had caught channels on it, but I really wanted the carp, so it was the only rod I used. On cast 3 I hooked into a 27in carp, about 10 minutes later I had a 24 and on the next cast an 18. Followed the 18in with a 26 in and finished the day with one less than a pound. Awesome fight on the 10lb test. I love topwater carping, that is the only way to go in my book.

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    That does sound like a real good day. Way to go brother.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Sounds like an awesome time! I cant wait till i catch a carp on my new setup! Itll be my first!

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    mcwrestler, Glad to hear about your seccess! He's Wishing you many more Days and Nights of Good fishing!

HOPPY4

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That sure sounds like fun. I'll have to try floating bread on the top this summer.

6. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    TC, you NEVER forget your first carp...on whatever setup you use!

BTW, nice crossing paths with ya on CAG:wink:

7. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Hoppy...nice crossing paths with ya TOO on CAG...hope we can wet a line real soon!

8. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    meanwhile, in my parallel universe, I have only caught carp on my new setup and desperately await my first catfish on it!!! hahahahaha