Finally got some fish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Fishgeek, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I finally got out and caught some fish! I took my 3 year old son out on the river on Memorial Day. He was a little unsure about being in the kayak but once we started catching fish he forgot all about being scared of the water! He caught two channels in about 5 minutes and then a big drum. No bites for five minutes & then he says to me, "Daddy, it think it's time to go home. I think all the big fish are dead. Its time to go home." I wasn't going to force him to stay any longer than he wanted so we paddled back to the boat ramp. He hasn't stopped talking about it since! Last night at supper he said, "Daddy, when we go fishing in the big boat, you can fish as long as you want." What a guy! Hopefully it doesn't take me another month to get out fishing again!

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    That right there should make you want to go every day no matter what gets in the way.

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My hat's off to you and your son.......in the end, it's what it's all about. Well done!!!

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You were very smart to quit when he wanted to. I'll bet you have a fishing buddy for life.
    Bill

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Enjoyment comes in small packages sometimes. Now he will have OFCD.:big_smile: Just remember Dad its your fault that he became infected. What memories your post brought back to me of the boys.thanks I needed that.