Finally got out!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tkbiker, Jul 29, 2008.

1. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well been working alot lately and have not had the time to fish or post anything. Got out with my Girls a couple weeks back, what they caught is in the pics:crazy:. What type of cats are they?? Thought they were a bullhead but not with those tails, not channels, not a flattie??

Third pic is my youngest fighting the big one..

Great Night thats for sure, they still have the smiles on there faces when they hear anybody talking catfishing!!! They are hooked for sure now.

Attached Files:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Very curious to know the real answer. Maybe a hybrid channel?????

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I would be interested in knowing what body of water they came out of ... can't tell from photo angle, but the anal fin looks considerably like a blue cats. If you still had the fish so you could count the rays in the anal fin that might help. The biggest problem I see is the same as you do ... the tail or caudil fin should be a shaper "V" in both the channel cat and the blue cat. Blues and channels will both hybridize. ..... Garry-

4. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They came out of a private lake in Brimfield, oh really has me confused as to what they are. Next ones we catch i will get better pictures of the tails. Maybe some experts on here can help me out.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Looks like a big ol 5-7lb Channel to me.... female.

Coloring is very dark having to do with the bottom I believe.

6. tunnafish

tunnafish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Up north, in southern Canada, many of the catfish, which I think are channels, are black like that, and they lighten up to grayish, and then almost white as you move around to the belly.

7. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    Thats great you get your girls to fish with you. I have 4 daughters and they lose interest very fast when they come fishing with me. I have 1 son and he is only 3 but he has better attention span fishing than his older sisters.

8. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I think they are "Happy Cats"....Makes ya darn happy to catch e'm!!! The girls and you did real good!!

9. joeceeeee

joeceeeee New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice looking catch........... great to see the kids out fishing.........:big_smile:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on getting out and catching some good cats.

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Have a pond here we stocked 7 years ago. It's has a natural spring at all time. The fish that were stocked were channel cats an they look exactly like those do. The darker color an all.