Finally got one!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bownero, Dec 22, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    It's been a crazy year for myself trying to harvest a deer. Started way back in early October and had very little opportunities to harvest a deer. Seemed like everything I did, the odds were against me. Late harvest, strong winds, full moon, warm weather, were all factors in my hunting experience. Nevertheless, I was bummed that this season I might be scoreless!! Anyhow, I went out tonight, before a major front is moving in. Had strong winds of 25mph, and foggy, misty conditions. I was about to leave at last light and then 8 does came in. The 1st group of 3 came in right before dark. I singled out the largest of the group and drilled her at 15yds, and she pilled up at 30yds. Double lung shot with a NAP Hellrazor broadhead. Love those broadheads. Fly great and they can be resharpened. 2nd group of 5 came in right at dark and I only made out the sillouettes of them and decided it's too risky to try a double.

Just happy my season ended with a great doe. Guessing she's a 2.5 year old and weighs around 150 lbs. Nice Ol' doe that will be great eating!!

Would like to post some pics of her, but I have a new computer and don't have the Kodak photoshop on the computer yet. I'll try to get some pics on here as soon as possible!!

Just thankful the good LORD was by my side tonight and offered me the harvest. It all played out perfectly!!:wink:

Thanks.
    Mark..

2. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia

3. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Congratulations Mark! Sounds like you'll be putting some meat in the freezer.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats not a bowhunter myself but it was the last day of rifle season for me last year.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Mark good going on the early Christmas meal:smile2:

6. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
  7. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    nothing like a big doe to eat:wink:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad ya got ya one bud. Some good meat for the freezer.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats Mark, i've also had a terrible season. Put a stand in a big cedar the other day and hopefully get a bow shot if i don't poke an eye out gettin up in it.

10. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Congrats,glad you didn't get skunked:big_smile:

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Congrats on the harvest,, Nice job,, and also,, cool, for holding your shot on the iffy one..

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats Mark! I am in the same boat you were in. No deer for me this year so far but still have a late doe season coming in on the 29th for 3 days so maybe I'll get lucky enough to harvest a deer. Of course Im not without meat I have some great friends and family who have donated a few my way. Once again congrats and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

13. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats on the doe. I myself have only gotten one big ole doe, my husband has gotten a doe & a 5pt, & my "stinkin' lucky grandson" has gotten 3! An 8pt, a 5pt & a doe. Yep, he's done good! We're going again tomorrow afternoon. I sure would like to get one more....maybe:wink:
    Oh, & to all my deer hunting buddies, Merry Christmas to Ya!!

14. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    youth is wasted on the young !:go: congrats .. everyone.

15. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats, way to stick it out and stick a nice one. Isn't it funny how sometimes it seems too easy and other times its very difficult. That's hunting