Finally! Got into some Crappies

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by C_wernett, Mar 5, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well I finally found got into some crappies...it's been too long. Buddy and I were fishing our normal spots, and were trying some stuff to catch sunfish for bait. We switched to 1/24 oz. jigs, black/white jig with yellow hair tail and red thread, trolling slow past bank cover. No action...other than what the boat provided and we found three trees that consistently held fish in doing so. Kept enough for a meal and photos...and had a blast doing it!

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Not bad, not bad at all. Glad to see someone getting some nice Crappie. From what I have heard lately the Crappie fishing has been great everywhere.

Zakk:)

3. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i have been slaying the crappie all week here in indiana..they are picky right now though..you've have to find the right color jig or they just will not hit..

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    those are some nice crappie. I got one today i think they are hitting pretty good right now

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Emersom nice fish!!! Betcha they fry up real good (yum) :)

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job man!!! I can't wait until the crappie bite is on here. That picure is making me hungry. :thumbsup:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Way-To-Go"!

I'm hopeing to get on some myself this year. :0a32:

"good Job"!:thumbsup:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice crappies, I am so glad spring is almost here.

9. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know if I'll hit the same spot next weekend, but I will be on the water Saturday and/or Sunday, and besides cats, I'll be trying to figure out some more crappies. Those things were sure tasty! Added a tad of garlic to Shake and Bake for chicken and baked them at 400 for 15-20 minutes, turning once so that they browned and crisped up evenly. Leftovers were crappie sandwiches today!

10. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Man i need to go crappie fishing all this talk is getting me excited to go crappie fishing. Cant wait to slay em where we go.

11. SMP_Angler

SMP_Angler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can't wait to go either, my favorite place to go crappie fishing is probably down in Arkansas, when I go down there in the summer, but since I live in cruddy old Kansas, I go to Shawnee Mission Park, hence the name, SMP_Angler.

12. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    KicknWing, Fatfish_55 and I went crappie fishin in the Ozarks and we struck out, but we talked to 2 people who caught a few hundered of them boys. Of course we only fished a few hours for crappie we were still disappointed. The water temp was about 47 degrees when the bite turned on. (That is what the guys that caught then said)

13. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm going to do some fishing again on the Cape Fear river here in NC on Sunday and am hoping to find more crappies! Not to mention some other fishes like cats, stripers, and bowfin!