Finally got a truck!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AllenM, Jul 8, 2006.

1. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Sold the car to a friend and picked up a 95 Ford Explorer V6 with 63k miles at the dealership the other day! Clean as a whistle, and perfect for those dirt fire roads to them tiny trout lakes that are all over in the mountians around here! Not to mention the obvious boon that I can now tow my own boat!! :big_smile: Dealer wanted $7,995, talked him down to $6,200 on a 4 year term with $1,350 cash down. I'm jazzed!!

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I wish you good luck with it brother!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the new truck brother, I hope it rides well for ya for many years. Post some pics of it when ya get a chance.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the new truck.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i hope you get a ton of service out of it.....just for the record, an explorer isn't considered a truck by us okies:0a10: :0a1:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the new truck, you cant beat a ford!

7. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have an explorer too, they are great rides.

8. AllenM

AllenM Guest

What... ya want me to sound like a SNOB and call it an SUV?? LOL!! :crazy:

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Congrats on the new ride bro. I've got to go next week and buy my 16 year old daughter something. Dang, I could've got a new boat if it wasn't for that.

ST

10. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    Hard to beat a new ride, wish I hade one might have to work a little more. Good luck.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

actually buddy, i was trying to clue you in - YOU SOUND LIKE A SOCCER MOM!!!!

ROFL....look at my profile...i have to work on stuff that people wear out:big_smile:

as i said - i hope you get good service from it.....:cross: :big_smile:

by the way, sounds like a pretty decent deal

12. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Sounds like a good deal, good luck and good fishing.

13. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, being as I'm a full time "stay at home father" and fighting a dissability case, I guess you ain't far off themark with that comment... OTHERWISE I MIGHTA BEEN INSULTED! :crazy: lol!! :lol:

Just for clarification, are you saying that they tend to break down easily or have problems very often? I ain't worth a crap under the hood! Every time I tried to take in interest in mechanics when I was a kid and my father was working on the family cars, all he taught me was "Hand me that wrench and get outa the way!" :angry: Sorta killed my interest after a few years of trying to learn anything from him about engines.

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Congrats on the new eloder Allen ahh I mean explorer. Well to awnser the question they dont call them exploders for nothing. Good luck with it hope it gives you a lot of service.

15. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You just gotsta love a truck! Have fun. :big_smile:

16. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Ok guys... details please. What did I get myself into here?? :crazy:

17. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sounds like a good deal. I am looking for a solid, used truck for the same purpose.

18. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    lots of driveline issues lots of computer issues lots of engine issues brake issues. they didnt do a very good job on the exploders back in that year area now of them were that good to be honest. some people have had good luck. but sure makes me wonder why such low milage on a older truck like that.

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sounds like a good deal... Im wanting a Toyota Pickup, but the resale prices on the used ones are pretty steep from what im finding....Course, there are guys running up to 3-400K miles heh...

20. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Good point on the miliage... I didn't think about the possibility of it being due to "down time". I didn't know the reputation for problems with them either! :crazy: On the bright side, I got the extended warranties, 12 months or 12,000 miles, so for the first year any mechanical or electronic problems will be the DEALER's problems at least! Also got "gap insurrance" so that if it get's wrecked and the auto insurrance wants to declare it worth less than we owe on it, the difference is covered! If it gives us TOO much trouble it might just have an "accident" while offroading... MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! :roll_eyes: