Finally got a boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Feb 3, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I finally got my boat, and worked on it all weekend to get it ready to go. Its nothing special, but I love it. It's an 89 Sea Nymph 19.5 ft Deep V. It had everything I was looking for in a basic boat to fish the Ohio River. I am very pleased with it, and can't wait to fish on it. I made some mods, removed some hand rails off the front, and a bunch of other things, and added rod holders. Let me know what ya think, and any advice or ideas would be great!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, I finally got my boat wanted you guys to take a looksy and tell me what you think, or any ideas. I posted in the boating section since I figured it would get moved there anyway..Thanks bros:wink:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man thats a nice one. looks like a good fishing boat. you could use it for trolling on lakes too. with the rear rod holders. nice. mine is a walk through window 17' v. not as deep as yours though.

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    looks like a cat-catcher to me!!!! congrats!!

5. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Congrats on the boat..... i too FINALLY got a boat...... I am going to use the same style rod holders on the back. her's some pics as I bought it....... I will post more when I get it finished.

Attached Files:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Fine lookin boat Travis. Now ya will learn what spendin $$$$$4 is. LOL! wish ya nothin but the best witrh it.

7. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    chris , just lookin at the windshield on ur new boat .... it is not a walk thru i don't think ............ u might want to look into gettin one of those cam-roller anchor rope locks .......... one of those would allow u to lock ur anchor rope off the bow from behind the windshield , also u can unlock the rope from behind the windshield................ nice rig u got there !!!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats travis, i know how excited you must be. every fisherman needs his own boat! LOL... rollo:big_smile:

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Nice looking boats guys, congrats to both of you. Thanks for sharing the pics.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like a nice setup for you buddy! i wish the muskingum had enough water where i fish to run a boat like that. looks like lots of space to move around and area for all your stuff! congrats on the boat! go catch a bigun man:wink: rollo

11. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Thats a nice looking boat Travis, you are headed in the right direction to get some big cats. I hope you keep us updated, thanks for the pics.

12. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Congrats on your new boat. Looks like a good one. Go catch em.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Real nice boat Travis! I hope you get a lot time out on it to catch some cats!

14. Mrs. Bruiser

Mrs. Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri

Yeah nice boat babe.lol Can't wait till we can take it out.:wink:

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Travis, that is a nice rig. If it were me I'd get me a spot for night time, I'd get some wally world tarp and some bungees or velcro to close in the sides of that cove. Then I would have a 20 lb propane cylinder and a heater and grill, and you can fish 20 degree weather.

When you gonna invite some of us East Central Ohio fellas down there?

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the post guys, loan wizard you just let me know man and we'll hit the river.:wink:

17. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Man you got you a nice one there travis. I like the way that thing is set up looks like it will work great man.:cool2::cool2:

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah I have already started trying to come up with a way to enclose that whole thing, would be nice to have the sides covered as well.

19. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WHY NOT HAVE SOME CANVAS CURTAINS MADE TO WHERE THEY FIT ON THE SIDES, PUT ON WITH SNAPS, RIGHT ON THE TUBEING FOR THE ROOF? ON THE BACK SECTION HAVE THAT ONE HANG STRIGHT DOWN,THROW IT ON THE ROOF WHEN YOU RUN TO THE BACK TO ATTEND TO THE POLES.
    IT WOULD STILL BLOCK SOME WIND AND RAIN.PUT A BUNGEE CORD ON EACH SIDE CORNOR, WHERE U COULD HOOK AND UNHOOK REAL FAST FROM THE FLOOR???
    JUST A THOUGHT
    ELWOOD

20. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    tbull, you can have clear plastic side curtains made by several shops. A lot of guys that I know get their tops and covers made by a couple of Amish men. They do great work and are in high demand.
    I've been thinking about removing my old 90 HP Mercury gas guzzler off the back of my boat for a more economical motor. How fast does that 70 push your new boat?