Finally got a boat.

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by Fry Guy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Well me and Pinto have been looking for a boat FOREVER! Pinto found one last week and got it for 160$. It's a 10ft flat bottom. Doesn't have a motor on it yet but at least we can finally get off the bank. I just had one question though. From what I have read my understanding is that since it is under 12ft we do not have to license and register it is this correct? Please let me know so we don't get into trouble. Thank you.

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fry Guy, Congrats on the boat. You might want to check with your County Courthouse to check the regs. in your area! Have fun and be sure to post some pics of all the fish ya catch, now that your off the bank!:cool2:

3. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Glad to hear your sea worthy at last! You guys enjoy your new found freedom and for gods sake be careful.:0a17: :0a22:
    Don

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on the boat. i would check the tax office where you register your car along with your loca department of natural resource.

5. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    congrats on that boat. they are a fun thing to have, now all you have to do is get it in the water and catch some fish.