Finally getting some Rain in Eastern KY!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Aug 27, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Finally, after what seems like forever were getting some rain around here. I'm hoping its enough to make a difference in the fishing. Last several trips out the fish have been few and far between.
    What do you guys think? Think they'll finally turn on? I sure hope so.
    Where is everybody fishing this weekend? If I get out any It'll be during the day because of Fantasy Football Drafts Friday and Saturday night.
    Good Luck If you guys get out any!!!:wink::cool2::big_smile:

2. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Football over catfishing.:confused2: You are a paylaker John.:smile2:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :smile2: Its not exactly over Catfishing, I'll just have to adjust the times. :roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    One draft is a league I started and the other Bert started and I'm the Co-Manager. This is the second year for both leagues. No way can I miss those 2 drafts. I've gotta keep up my winning streak.:cool2::big_smile:
    Speaking of paylakes, I heard you was bass fishing at one last weekend...:confused2::roll_eyes::smile2:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I had to go to the Dr. in Paintsville today and drove down to where Paint Creek empties into the river. The creek was muddy as all get out and the river had a bit more flow about it but not muddy.:wink:
    Was thinking of going tonight to see if that was cats or carp making those swirls in the water.:wink:
    YEs john I think it will help the fishing. Sure can't hurt it any in my opinion

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You're right about that. It definitely can't make it any worse than its been!!!:wink:
    Hope all went well with the Dr. today! They've finally got my meds adjusted to where I can sleep, only problem is I'm sleeping WAY too much now...:confused2::smile2:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Well sleeping to much is as bad as not enough to me. I don't like sleeping all the time and some meds. will make ya do that:sad2:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Sad but true... I guess one thing good is since I've been sleeping a lot more my back has been feeling better. I just hope it stays that way. It'll make fishing a lot better and a whole lot easier!:wink::smile2:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Maybe you had just been to active when ya wasn't sleeping good. Is it possible ?? Being unable to sleep you was restless by that I mean just moving around trying to get relief from a different position. Ya recon???

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats a good possibility. When I couldn't sleep I was tossing and turning forever until I fell asleep. Now I've been waking up exactly how I fell asleep.
    I'm just glad Its feeling better. Now If It'd not hurt enough to start Physical Therapy. I don't know If It'll ever ease up that much though...Be great If It would!:confused2:

On a different note, anybody up that way make a good Blackberry or Edelberry wine? I've been trying to find someone that makes it. I don't know of anybody anymore since my Papaw passed away several years ago....

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Any idea when you'll get to drive again?? Or is that something that's still up in the air???

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Actually today is my 90th day since my seizure. I actually could have driven legally today. I tried to get Regina to let me drive today but she said that I wasn't ready...:confused2::angry::smile2:....She wants to wait until my back heals up more.:confused2:
    I tried to tell her that Its probably healed up as much as Its gonna but you know women....:wink::smile2:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Have you been to Greenup locks lately. and could a person catch some skip jacks

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I haven't been lately. I'd bet you would be able to get some Skippies though. They usually aren't too hard to get, at least I've never had a hard time getting what I needed. If nothing else you could get all the Shad you would want. I'm itching to get back down there, my freezer has pretty much ran empty. I tried to get ahold of my Cuz today to get him to go down there. He's wanting to go when the White Bass start running. No idea at all when that is???:confused2:

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I would think white bass would run here about mid to late April . Up in Sandusky bay on Lake Erie they run mid to late May

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    John, if I can get away I'll give you a call and we will run to the dam for bait. I'll baggem and we will give Ken some.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That sounds like a plan! I'd like to get down there to see If their running good or not.

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    KEN , Danny , and John I just figured out how to use rep points so I'll be sending them soon !

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just sent some your way.:wink::cool2::smile2:

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I still haven't figured it out. Some body fill me in.
    Danny
    Appreciate the generosity of the bait trip.:wink::smile2:
    Just got home from a nerve induction study. No good news there either.:sad2: While Dr. was working on the first leg says you have a pinched nerve in your back sir. Oh Well expected no less.:sad2: Guess I'm more wore out than I though.:sad2:

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Who did the test? I hate those dam tests!!! I've had several before and they still suck! I cussed one Dr out and called him everything but a milk cow!!!:angry: He hurt me!
    I'm so sick of Dr's, I've seen so many this year to make up for a whole lifetime!!!