Finally getting into some nice cats

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by jason berry, Aug 8, 2008.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I havent been fishing this year like I usually do its one of those years where I cant seem to get on top of things. I didnt catch a flathead for this year until last week. I pulled in a 25# flat and a 30# blue then last nite destroyed some blue cats if you were on the Ohio river last nite the bite was on I pulled in 5 blue cats with a weight of around 100# total on shad in 50 feet of water they wouldnt bite in the shallower water and the depth finder was showing lots of cats at around 48 feet. I was fishing a few feet suspended off bottom and one on bottom I missed alot of cats last nite guess Im still rusty would have pics but camera was dead very impressive fight on one of the blues though I thought he was a monster but still a very nice 25# fought like he was 50#. My guess is this whole weekend will be great fishing so get out their if you get a chance.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    dh ,ryan ,stoney dankitck,catfish cammando and myself were fishing near henderson last night and caught a few .. ryan popped a 40lb blue and i caught 5 fish in the 10to 18lb range.. you got into some nice flatheads this time last year didnt you jason?

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Jason on a good night fishing the Ohio. WTG.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Hi, I'm interested in finding a fishing buddy before my work starts to pickup. feel free to write me.

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    BigA when the Ohio gets down to pool my spot comes alive with nice fish the biggest flats landed last year were around 50# but I had a 65# almost in my hand and got wrapped around the anchor line and snapped the line. September is the best month of the year for me for flats on the Ohio but yow right now they start really turning on for me.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to see that you're tearing them up Jason! Looks like the world is treating you good!:wink: