Finally Getting a Boat!

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Katmaster Jr., May 18, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well it's official now, we are getting a boat this saturday. We already have two boats, a 15ft and a 21ft, the 21ft needs a motor, the 15ft has a motor and needs repairs. So we were eventually just going to fix both of them up, and we eventually still will I guess.

But anyway, we were riding down the road and went by a house that had a good looking boat sitting in the yard. We followed up on it and checked it out, it's a Aluminum, 14ft, Deep-V, Lund boat, with a Mercury 35hp motor, and it's got a lot of added on things. Comes with a trolling motor, and it's got a steering wheel also. It's ready to go as soon as we get a few safety things, and Sonar (Depthfinder) most importantly everything on it works and the man selling it offered to let us go on the river with him in it so we would see how good it runs.

It's really great for the type of fishing we do, and the price is the best thing about it, It's under a $1,000 which is good. I'm excited that we finnaly are going to be back in a boat, we will still bank fish of course, but it will be a huge help to have a boat.

We are picking it up sometime Saturday, as soon as we get it home I'll take some pictures and stuff.

Zakk:smile2:

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    congrats on the boat. I know how it feels. I got my first boat about 2 months ago. Take it on the water every chance I get. On the road now, can't wait to get home and go fishing.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the boat,take pics and let us see(dream of having one) it.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, it really is exciting, around here there's not hardly any Shore access left so being on the bank is very limited. I've only been out on a boat a handful of times, this will be a whole new game for me, my dad used to take his out all the time before things went down hill and it broke and stuff. So he knows how to operate it good and use the fishfinder.

Zakk

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrats Zakk!!! You can"t go wroung with a Lund there a good boat. The price is great also. Bigcatman0816.

6. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man o man you were already nailin the catfish and getting realy nice fish
    i cant wait to see what you will do in a boat :) gratz

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ha ha ha....Right in time for the fish off!!!:big_smile:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man that sounds like a super deal to me. i sold a 76 starcraft 3 years ago with a 25 mer. tiller drive for 1800.00. it was 14 ft also. now have a 18ft and i sure miss that 14 for getting into some tight spots. my 18 is a lund and they are good boats. 35 hp not bad on gas either. i remember the first boat my dad got us. 14ft duracraft with a 18hp motor. would only run in reverse, so we fished all day at badin in reverse...lol.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, they are trying to get rid of it fast really, they got a new bigger boat and I guess want this one out of the yard. Fishing in reverse, I can imagine that....LOL

I found a picture that will give you an idea of what we're getting, Ours is the same exact size and stuff, but ours has a lot more added things on it, and a bigger motor, the one in this picture is a 9.9 HP motor.

I hope to take our new one out Sunday since the weathers going to be pretty good and stuff.

Attached Files:

10. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Zakk, looks like a good deal, now get out on the water, and give someone your spot on the bank.... enjoy your new boat.........

11. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Congrats on the boat deal! You got a good deal and it sounds like you really appreciate having a boat that runs. Good for you. Now you'll have to do a couple things to make it yours and then fish it all night. Be careful, have fun and get those pics for us!

12. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Congrats on the new boat, I got mine last august and I dont think I have ever even posted a picture of it. Having a boat is great, I finally have mine exactly the way I want it, just put a 4000 watt Lowrance depth finder on it, no fish can hide now lol. Good luck with the boat, good luck in the fish off.

13. Raypo

Raypo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    That really does look a good deal... perfect for the river

14. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thats great. Curious to see what you got for 1k. :0a10:

15. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glad to hear you are getting a boat. That sure is a good deal. Those Lund boats are really nice. If I ever trade or sell mine, thats what I'll be getting. Now go and wear those fish out.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys, I've been wanting to get a boat for a few years, My birthday is in September but my parents went ahead and got this and considered it an early birthday present.

The previous owner really put a lot of work into it, most of the inside is custom stuff, like the steering wheel mount (area) and stuff was like "Homemade" with some kind of strong wood. It's a very, very nice set up for the fishing we do, just got to put some rod holders on it, and get all the safetly stuff. I'm going to try to get it enough stuff to be on the water legally by Sunday and then when we get enough money we can get a Depth Finder.

This is going to be a new expierence for me, and I'm sure a very fun one.

I'll make sure to get pictures of it as soon as possible, it's very deep, which is great for a lot of the places we fish, it will be pretty stable.

Zakk

17. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    congrats zakk hope you get out there on gaston adn catch that big one. just be careful and dont fall in, cant wait to see pics of the boat bet it is a nice one.

18. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats On THe New Boat, It Looks GREAT & What A Deal On The $$.

Have Fun & Most Of All Be SAFE, I Guess Now You Can Reaffirm The Old Saying,"All Good Things Come To Those That Wait"

Catch A BIGGUN !!,Elliot

19. dcmust

dcmust New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the boat. I know you will love having your own boat. It is great to just grab it and go anytime you want.

20. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I'm proud for ya zack. you will enjoy it I am sure!