Finally gettin some foot hold traps!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i asked for a couple foothold traps for christmas, and i think my momma got me some, we found a site on the place i trap that im aloud to set them, and im really excited for christmas now, i already got my big present, a new pair of Justin Ropers, i got them already cause the soles on my other ones fell off. but now im really excited for christmas to see if momma got me what i asked for!

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Well good for you Kevin.
    BTW how old are you. I'm trying to remember the outdoors things things I did when I was about your age. Its been a long time ago.
    I remember trying to make a rabbit trap and wondering how the indians trapped them.Actually they made snares.
    I don't know if spring poles are legal in Texas but they can be made from heavy string as long as the rabbit when caught is hanging upside down.
    Check out your public library for books on trapping.

the best to ya and good luck
    just

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the traps ,Kevin . Hope ya catch a bunch of critters with em.

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    13! lol and ive already tried to make my own live trap, and im working on a deer blind thats being made from old fence planks (neighbor is removing his fence and letting me use his old fence planks) but i have lots of fun when im outside trying new stuff!!!!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I was 15,Kevin ,I bought 6 Herters Hudson Bay #3coil spring traps and without much knoweledge at all caught two 60 lb beavers on my first try. Wish ya luck.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Kevin, trapping is a ton of fun and can even be a little profitable. Let me recommend a few videos that might help you get started and have more fun doing it. Dr. Bob Wendt makes about the best trapping videos I've ever seen & he explains things very well. He'll show you how to trap coyotes & cats in his videos, and his methods work very well. They're simple, and they utilize tools that are easy to obtain, or you can make your own trapping tools. I did. Anyway, his videos aren't terribly cheap, but you can occasionally find them on ebay.

Thought that might help ya out a little. Have fun.