Finally found my leak!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Nov 4, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I got to work on the old "Rude" again last night and found the source of my leak. The washer on the drain plug was blown out. I had removed that plug to hook up my hand pump, so the leak did not show up when I pressurized and sprayed the soapy water on the foot. I finally thought about it and swapped the the drain and fill plugs and there it was. I wouldn't have even had to drop the foot to fix it. To late for that. The second news is that Napa Auto parts can get boat motor parts. They had a catalog for Evinrude \ Johnson and said the parts were stocked in Columbia, would be here in the morning at 0.79 each. They said they could get any part I needed for most motors.

I may try to start putting it all back together tonight if I am able. I have a few health issues and am feeling them today. I also want to check the spark advance on the motor when I get her back together, it has a hesitation when I accelerate from idle like the spark is not advancing correctly. Any hints on setting that up would be great.

I need to get it running top notch so Pop pop and Patmansc don't beat me to the honey holes! :wink: I may spray cat slime on the side of Pat's boat to keep Buddy the Wonderdog from sniffing out the cats. Buddy along with Pat's magic scrimps are an unfair advantage. :confused2: I think they should be banned from any serious competitions! Unless of course Pat is fishing with me, then they would be fine.:roll_eyes:

Have a great day, folks!

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. Mrs. Sunbird

Mrs. Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run, SC.
    Steve, Glad to hear you got the mothership repaired and won't miss any water time.
    Did you smear somethin on Jon's boat at Monty? :confused2: Because He had patmansc in the boat and they had the lucky scrimps.................maybe it is Buddy? :eek:oooh: Ok, steve you take Pat and his scrimps, Jon's going to take Buddy! What is his screen name anyway? :smile2::smile2:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome, Leanne; glad to see another lady catfisher on the forum.

4. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I know. It's funny. We're all knuckle-dragging brutes, chasing the monsters of the deep. She is pretty, though. One drawback.....She's married to Sunbird!

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    She is the luckiest woman on the BOC! :eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh:

And, I will let here take out the trash...........Matt! :wink:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Steve,Glad ya gonna get the "Rude" fixed!:big_smile: Just in time for Monty Sat.:wink:

Welcome to the BOC Mrs. Sunbird. Glad to have ya!

7. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome Mrs, Sunbird. Maybe Jon will have better luck if he fishes with you instead of Pat. Whatever I smeared on Jon's boat at Monty must have splashed on mine, because I didn't do that great either.

God Bless All,
    Steve

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mrs.Sunbird
    Welcome to the BOS/SOC from So. Alabama

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jeeezo Steve I am really happpy that you found your leak,I havent been on in a few days and didnt even know you had lost it!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:I would have b een happy to lend you one because having owned boats for 30+ years I have plenty of spares.Try and keep them in storage containers so when my friends need one I can get to them easily.:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile::big_smile:

10. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey Jim,

You can always tell someone from North Carolina.....You just can't tell them MUCH!:tounge_out: ( I was born and raised in Asheville)

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Leanne.