The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a monster, but a milestone in adding another species of fish to my list of caught fish. I got it at SARL on a large chunk of mackerel using a 6/0 Offset Circle-K hook from Whisker Seeker Tackle. I filled out the rest of my stringer with some decent channel cats as well.
20200701_102119.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great catch Tyson, I didn't even know you had blues in California. Stocked?
Thank you Herbhome
Yes, this particular lake is stocked by Imperial Catfish Farm which raises both channel catfish as well as blue catfish. While they don't get the 100#+ fish that you could catch in some of the San Diego County lakes, they do put some fish over 20 pounds in the lake and I've heard of a 78 lber being caught and released four times. I definitely noticed a difference from the way the blue fought compared to the channels and look forward to catching bigger models in the future.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
congrats Tyson,,, dude got the same t-shirt lol,, wicked catfish, nice flathead shirt,good ol amazon,,,,
never been to sarl kinda always reminds me of fishn in a bathtub, lived 5 miles from the place for 30 years, never done much fishn in SoCal to many frign people, wana get some big cats head out to the river, azfg shocked up a near 100lb flat a few years back, and the thing you wont see a sole for the most part, pic in avatar is a river flat and its not the biggest by 10lbs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
congrats Tyson,,, dude got the same t-shirt lol,, wicked catfish, nice flathead shirt,good ol amazon,,,,
never been to sarl kinda always reminds me of fishn in a bathtub, lived 5 miles from the place for 30 years, never done much fishn in SoCal to many frign people, wana get some big cats head out to the river, azfg shocked up a near 100lb flat a few years back, and the thing you wont see a sole for the most part, pic in avatar is a river flat and its not the biggest by 10lbs
Thanks man,
I wear that shirt everytime I go catfishing now. SARL is not much to look at and it is right by the 91, but I've had many successful nights fishing for cats there. It's getting harder to find southern California lakes that offer nightfishing, as Irvine and Laguna Niguel are no longer the great venues they used to be, now run by the county. It's funny that the skeleton of that Levitz sign(hence the name Levitz corner) is still there even though that company has not been around in years. I'd definitely like to fish the Colorado for flatheads. Have you ever fished Roosevelt Reservoir? I've seen some cool fishing videos from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts