Finally Caught a Flathead

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Jroc777, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I fished the white river downtown and caught a 12 lb. flathead and a 3 lb. channel. Both were caught on 6-7" frozen creek chubs. Hopefully the flatheads will start biting now.

Attached Files:

• boc.jpg
      boc.jpg
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    • boc2.jpg
      boc2.jpg
      File size:
      49.2 KB
      Views:
  2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Way to go Joe! I was down at Scottsburg this weekend and the flatties were hitting down there. My girlfriend caught an 8lb and had a big one on that broke her line. I caught a 10lb'er and my brother caught a 24lb blue. Geoff had a huge on on the line that took advantage of him before it broke the line. Good Stuff! and about time! Do you think the place where you fish on the White River down by Martinsville would be a good place for a gathering?

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Oh yea, I forgot to list that we caught all the flatties and the blue on live goldfish and live creek chubs. My liver recipe, which has been the only thing that has worked all summer, did not even get a bite. Saturday night I went up to Lake Shafer with my girlfriend and her family. We went out after Indiana Beach closed and fished behind the roller coaster where everyone feeds the carp. We used a whole bag of Wheaties catching 10 to 20lbers for hours untill my arms got sore! Catching carp makes you realize just how clean catfish actually are.

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Good Job Joe!! :) It was fun over the weekend. I couldn't believe that I, after months caught a fatty :eek: Anyways, I'll see you soon at the gathering. Good Luck Fishin! The Bite Is On!!

5. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    The flats are starting to pick up here in s.e. ind. I caught a 17 lbr. 2 wks. ago and here stories localy about guy's catching them here.

6. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WTG Baitfish now you have a problem like the rest of us. Never enough time to pursue mr.flathead :cool:

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Congrats on a nice looking fish!! I see in the picture your using a lantern. I would just fish in the dark with glow sticks on the rods. Lots of time the big boys don't like the light. Just my opinion.

8. ol' yeffay

ol' yeffay New Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I caught a flathead as well a few weeks ago! It is the one in the picture!

9. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Geoff,

Nice flathead. Alot bigger then mine, since I've never caught one before. Over hear in California we've gotta drive to the border and fish the Colorado River for Flatties. Nice job, keep it up.

CHUY

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, good job Ol' Yeffey!! Let's keep catching those flatties!!

11. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Congradulations. Looks like a nice fish. I cannot wait to try my with a flathead.