Finally caught a few

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mperry, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to Hardy Wednesday night and caught about 8 total. My daughter caught a channel that was close to 6 pounds. Not bad for Hardy. Also caught a few yellow bellies. Hope to make it over to the Ohio River this weekend. Anyone else catching anything worth talking about?

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats Mike, this last week or so I haven't been able to hook into any catfish. It's been really slow here of late. The smallmouth ba$$ action is pretty good right now though:embarassed:

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I finally got out Saturday night for the first time in a month. I did real good at a neighborhood lake in Fort Wayne. I probably caught a dozen or so. I was using light tackle and the drags were hummin! It was a fun night.

4. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello Matt, Glad to here you got out saturday night. You should try one of our tournaments if you get time.

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Fished the White River near Spencer last night from the boat. The water temps were in the low 80's and it was a great night to be catfishing....however, the bite was really slow and we threw bluegills, chubs, goldfish, shad, and catalpa worms at them and fished around sunken lumber and rocks. Around midnight I had a really good run and caught a 26.5 lb flathead!! wOOt! Another guy in the boat had another brutus maximus flathead catfish and lost it at the boat. It was probably somewhere near the 20-25 lb range. All told we caught 4 flatheads, 2 channels, and a nasty gar. Here is a picture of mine:
    [​IMG]

Peace y'all.....

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on your catch. I have caught a couple in the 3-7 pound range and more than I care to remember of the under 1 pounders. nothing to brag about but always fun to catch.