Finally caught a catfish in West Virgina!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DANZIG, May 21, 2006.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    But not on Tuesday.... the falls on the Mud R. gave up a Drum 'bout 7lbs, a Sucker 'bout 4 1/2, couple of Stripers, and more little Sauger than I could count.. Had a stranger come down to fish the hole with me and had a good time swapping lies with him till dark.. He took to calling the little Sauger "Slim Jims". I like it...The name fits...

And now the Catfish story... Couple of us got out our little Jon boats yesterday and floated down the Gyandotte R. from Barbousville down to the Ohio R. at Gyandotte...
    What an excellent day to be out, the weather was great! The Gdotte was backing up a bit on account of the Ohio running a little high...Nothing but a bunch of Stripers 3/4 of the way down then "broke the cherry" on my new Ugly Stick with a 12lb Channel. Drifting a Nightcrawler two foot under a bobber 'bout 4 ft off the bank.
    That was the trick! Closer to the big river and right off the bank!
    Nailed 8 more, next largest being 10lb. I 'spect I would have caught many more but by this time it was getting late and we had no lights with us so we had to break out the oars and hustle for the boat ramp. Still did not get out of the water till 11:30.
    Every part of my body is sore from rowing and casting but I still have not lost the grin from my face!

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to hear you did well, keep those lines wet!

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hmmmm... Who changed the title? Ya made it sound goofy... It should read.... "Finally...Catfish!!!!"

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    And location of the thread.... please don't do this anymore.
    I had it right where I intended it to be.

5. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice job ..... Largest ive managed to get so at this year is about 8 to 9 lbs. but anyway ...... Glad ya caught some good fighters.........