Finally catching some fish!!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by buddah, May 5, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was fishing with my dog Buck thismorning and actually started to get some good hits! I was using a white curly-tailed grub on a lead-headed hook and -WHAMO- Fish on! The biggest one was 23" and weighed 2 pounds! i'm excited. They was Carp but a fish is a fish is a fish to me! I just love pullin em in! Sorry no pics but now that I know that they are in there I'll try and get a few. :big_smile:

2. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I like catching carp also. They put up a pretty good fight!

3. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I'm with you guys, I have no problems pulling in a carp, they fight hard and are fun to catch.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    They're amazing fighters, especially when they get big. Last summer i fought a 37 inch, 19 lb. monster for 45 mins on medium action spinning rod, spooled w/ only 6 lb. test. That was a fight that I'll never forget!!:cool2:

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    Hey ur dog is named buck to....
    lol

thats cool...

sounds like u had a good time... im still waitin for my chance to hook into a big carp....

6. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi buddah, hope yer keeping well.

As I said before, you ain't LIVED until you've bread-floated for carp. In the warm weather, wait until they come to the surface (evident when you see them jumping for flies), then take off all your tackle from the line, put on a bubble float (to assist with casting) and a hook & that's IT! Cast out a hefty piece of bread, just let it drift, & wait for the takes. Usually, it's only the big ones that go for it.

Tight lines & good luck.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats! I still can't catch a fish down here!!!

8. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I second floating bread. It is my absolute favorite way to go when I fish for carp, although I don't get to use the method as much as I would like. One place I go I fish from a bridge and I can see them moving in and get into real action floating the bread. I do mine without a float and can get a good 20+ yards on my 6ft rod, and with my "carp rod" a 10ft Crappie Pole with 10lb test I can freeline bread even further, and talk about a fight.