Finally broke down and bought an Excalibur Black Pearl Castnet. :)

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by SkipEye, Sep 22, 2009.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Tired of the slow-sinking cheap castnets and spending hours trying to get bait when they go deep. Picked up an 8 foot Black Pearl, 5/8 mesh Gold Series net with 1.6 lbs/ft weight. James Tackle online for $179.99, shipping was free if you spent over $200. Grabbed 1500yd of 100lb PowerPro, Ande 80lb mono, 60 8/0 Gamakatsu Octopus Circles and 100 SPRO Power Swivels too. :big_smile:

Don't know how many times I have had tons of bait under the boat on the side imaging and come up empty with the crap net I had. Too much time for them to swim out from underneath it.

I'll post a review after I figure out how to throw that HEAVY MOFO!:smile2:

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Let us know how well it works for ya bro..Sounds like a good one with the 5/8 mesh.:wink:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam

And may i say ol'e skip was able to purchase these "items" by being frugle the whole week he was in OKC surviving on Roman-noodles for 7 days at 25 cents a meal!!!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out: man that is Bear-Gryles tactics almost...next he will be eating grubs to up-grade the electronics:cool2::wink:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Well he already has a top of the line side imaging sonar, a remote control spotlight that rivals the brightness of the sun, and a light bar that blacks out radio reception for entire regions of the country. What could be next? :smile2:

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    There are ALWAYS plans in the works Gary!:wink:

I am still finishing up some undone things before the next major project!

6. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well all I can say is always tie it to your wrist. I would still be diving
    at kerr for a net that $$$$ :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Let us know how it works:smile2::smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Skip congrats on the new net. I hope it meets your expectations. That should be a fast drop.

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Does this advice come from experience Mr baitboat?????:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out:

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    And can you imagine what he was munchin on to save up for that gear:crazy:

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Bad News!!!!!:angry:

8 days after placing my order I FINALLY got jamestackle.com to answer their business phone, they did not return two voice mails in that time either.:angry:

As they had NOT shipped my order or charged my debit card in that time I was of course wondering what the deal was. He stated that the Black Pearl nets are no longer being made and the company owner was looking for a different manufacturer to produce these as the last one in CHINA quit producing for him.:confused2:

Stated he had not had a Black Pearl in his store for 7 months......to which I inquired as to why he was still showing them as available in his store then?

So.....my whole order is CANCELLED!!!!!:angry:

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    now that's funny right there.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NO reason they did not write you back and tell you. SHODDY business! I won't trade with them.

Bill in SC

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Now I tried calling the Black Pearl Cast Net Company directly. No answer and their mailbox is FULL so could not even leave a message. :angry:

Time to search for a quality net other than the Excalibur Black Pearl. :confused2:

14. awilco

awilco New Member

State:
    va
    I called them and got right through no problems. They answered all my questions and directed me to Shawn at Cast Net World. He had the net in my hands in 2 days, FLA to VA. As a start I called Jamestackle because they are closer they had none.

See my previous post, was using a FT 7' 3/8" 1 lb/ft and catching no bait. With the new PB 8' 1/2" 1.6 lb/ft I catch a ton of bait. Only wish I would have spent the extra $$ sooner. I used to have to wait until the FT net hit bottom to pull, now I pull a couple feet above and no snags.

15. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i know where there is a 7fter on Kerr:wink: come on down bring ya scuba gear:wink::eek:oooh: Betts makes a good net skip check out gander mtn:wink: I get my 8fters there still made with lead...8fter = 42.00 with tax:wink: