Finally bought the Collins Customs 8, 12, 16 oz. No Roll Slip Sinker Mold

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by SkipEye, Aug 15, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    For some reason it took a while to get the order placed?????????

Should ship out Friday. This should really help out in those fast tailwaters etc. when that 8 oz'er just won't hold bottom.

Some of the water I have been in I am just hoping the 16 oz is enough.

These are expensive so I'll give 'em a good inspection and review the results here.

After I get it of course.:wink:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on your new molds just bought the 6an 8 oz nolls got to love those no rolls

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Never heard of Collins Molds....Do you have a site to look at????Dwight

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Not sure if we are allowed to post the link but here goes:

http://www.shawncollinscustoms.com/

The 8, 12, 16 oz. is not in the catalog but is available.

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Yeah Bill, molds are cool. I have all sizes of No Rolls from Do It. But they only went up to 8 oz which isn't enough some times.

You can spend some serious money if you are buying premade sinkers. Not to mention no one stocks what you want.

These are very expensive, I'm not even going to quote a price on here, not sure if that is allowed either. But get ready to part with a Ben Franklin and an Abe Lincoln, including shipping.:smile2:

OUCH!:crazy:

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Ain't that the truth....Most people don't want to make nothing but bank and egg sinkers....I looked at the molds/sinkers....I like their shape of their no-roll slip sinkers....What kind of price do they have.....I couldn't find a price list anywhere????Dwight

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great you can send some my way...lol :smile2:

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Didnt realize anyone was making them Darryl. Like you Ive allways wanted no-rolls bigger than the 8's.
    Let us know how the mold works. Sounds awful high priced though when you can get other molds for around 30 bucks. Be a pretty good market around here if a guy was to make these.

9. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Yes Troy I about choked on the price but when its the ONLY place in the country to buy one you are at their mercy.

I'm not begrudging a guy making some money though. It isn't like this is a big time operation and there are costs involved in small scale and custom work. The quality looks awesome from the pics.

We'll see.

I agree you could make some money selling these bigger sinkers when that water is ROLLING!:roll_eyes:

10. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    you may want to check out the wells catfishing threads it has something in there about using that much weight and trying a different rig i think its the pebble rig just a thought

11. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I can cnc cut no-roll sinker molds of any size if there would be enough call for them to justify the setup. just a thought

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i hear that i got a 3,4,5 no roll and some times ill throw two 5s on their but thats not a real good idea, unless i put a bead between them, sorry thinking out loud. i was thinking of what mold would be good to have because the 6,8 might not make me happy i was looking at the 8,10 river mold http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DO-IT-RIVER...goryZ384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem but then id have to buy eyes, not that biggie their cheep but a 8,10,12 or a 8,12,16 no roll would be nice but for that price the river looks like a better deal. also ive noticed when using a hanging style sinker like the river it will sink faster and hold better than a in line no roll sinker

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Did you figure out what you need yet Kirk to set them up? Its a good idea as theres no big no-rolls available except for that custom link mentioned and thats just too high priced for a mold.
    Anyone that fishes the Mo. or Miss. river should be happy to finally have access to bigger no-rolls.
    Hopefully there will be enough intrest for you to setup the cnc.
    I would like to have a 10-12-14-16 oz.
    Also a 2-4-6-8 oz.

14. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I am looking in to it as far as to what combinations and how many cavities of each. any input is welcome.

15. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well sounds like you might have two potential coustomers. if youre interested in more buyers start us up a new thread see whos interested. tell us what size combos you think you can make and how mutch youre time is worth$..im sure their will be some interested.:big_smile:

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    oops didnt see spoonfish already did:embarassed:

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Waaaaah! That would be a little too late for me. I'm the poor sap who just had to shell out over $100.00 for the 8, 12, 16 oz. mold.:too_sad: