Finally-Big Fish-Small River

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by arkrivercatman, Jun 22, 2008.

1. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well the wife had to work early this mornin so I went fishin by myself. I wish she had gone because I needed a camera woman.:smile2: I went to fish the Little river to see what I could do. It was MUDDY. It has been up for a few days and the flat that I was fishin on was completely underwater a day ago. Im talkin every step is in 2 to 3 inches into the mud. It sucked. Other than that, all was well on my river bank.A slight breeze to keep the bugs at bay and muddy bank to keep people away.:smile2: Dont get me wrong, I like fishin by myself; I have peace and quiet and can fish anywhere I want to. But tonight would have been a good night to have a camera man. I landed 6 fish. Two 5 lb channels, and a 3,4,13 and 22 lb flathead. I finally hooked into a hog on the Little Arkansas. In the past 2 years the biggest I have gotten out of there was 15 lbs. I knew there had to be a few big ones left. It was a good night to go fishin. I wasnt quite prepared camera wise for the big one so I only got one good pic of him clean. While I was settin the timer he went to floppin and got all muddy. Gotta love them timers.:wink: I hate taking pictures by myself, its hard to get a good shot. I did have a better plan for the 13 though.:smile2: All were caught on live perch on a flat. The 22 still had eggs in her. All released to get bigger, so hopefully next year I can get a 25-30 out of there.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Pictures of the 13 and one of the channels. The pictures kinda suck beacuse I had to play camera man.:smile2:

Attached Files:

3. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Im done, I promise.:wink::smile2:

Attached Files:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Kyle, Congrats on an awesome night! And good job on the pics, I know too well how hard that is to do alone.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congratulations Kyle. Hell of a night. That flathead looks like it has some big shoulders , and a big gut on it. Man that was some slop you was in, Im glad it paid off for you. Im really going to have to get down there real soon. :big_smile:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Kyle that had to be some trip and to top it off with a bonus BIG fish.
    Congrat!!

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Kyle, Congrats on the nice Flats:big_smile: and the mud bath:embarassed: It was still worth it I bet. Thanks for sharing The Pics And The Story.

8. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    congrats it sounds like you had a muddy but awsome night.:big_smile:

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    kyle that is great sounds like you had a hell of a day

10. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Sounds like you had one of those nights. Way to go!

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, great looking mess of Cats, now you've really got my fever up to come fish with you, Lydia said she's ready too. We're about ready to head out to somewhere in the next week or two, your place looks like a good place to go to:smile2: Looking forward to your visit too. Lake is coming down real regular now.
    I have one request though, can you get some plywood sheets to lay out from dry land to where we'll be fishing so I don't have to walk in the mud?:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:
    I'll even take pictures for you:smile2:

12. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Great job Kyle!!

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    good work wild man !! only them yuppies need a fish to be clean t take a pic. you did fine. congrats my friend.

14. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Only for you Jim.:smile2: I will go to Lowes in the mornin. We went to the same spot tonight and it wasnt as bad, but it was still a mess. The bite was a little slower but I still managed to get 4. 2 flats and 2 channels. One of the flats went 10 lbs and the rest were around 2 or 3. Ashley didnt get any.:wink::smile2: But she did get to take some pictures.:big_smile: Whenever you come down I will take you to this spot, its startin to produce some decent cats.

Attached Files:

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kyle and Jim , let me know when Jim is coming down , and Ill try to make it down at the same time, if you all dont mind. :big_smile:

16. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on a nice night!!!

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Keith, you are welcome anytime. We are plannin a get away here in the next couple of weeks and we may come up and hit the Kaw, atleast for one night. We want to spread out and fish alot of new water around KS and OK. I will let you know when we go and maybe we can hook up somewhere.

18. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Nice catch Kyle!!! Hell theres lots of women that would pay for a mud bath like that:smile2:
    Was ya fishn close to home?

19. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Yeah Ray, I was in the city limits. Not quite as peaceful with all of the sirens and traffic and trains and dogs :smile2: but there is good fishin.

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Keith, that'd be great, the more the merrier. When we head for Kyle's yard, it'll be for 2 or 3 day's anyway, probably three, if him and Ashley will put up with us for that long:smile2: