finally back to Northern Kentucky

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigmaac73, Sep 6, 2009.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Well, after 6 years of being separated from home, I am finally back. I am just out of the service and am looking to get back into the catfishing scene here in northern kentucky. I live in florence and am looking for some places to go CATCH some fish and some folks to go with. anyone interested in a new fishing partner. I really dont know any spots around here. I do have a small 14 footer that can get me on some smaller water but nothing to get me on the ohio. any suggestions from anyone. thanks alot and i am looking forward to getting involved in whats going on here.

2. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Welcome back Justin. There are a lot of good fellas on here and I am sure it wont be long before you will be getting after a big one or two. Good luck and thanks for your service to our great country.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome back home Justin an I personally want to thank you for serving our country. Not from your area but I know someone will help you out real soon. Good luck my friend an again thanks!

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Justin
    Thanks for the service to our great country and welcome home.:wink:. There are several guys up in that area that are on here. Some of them will jump in here I'm sure.
    You might want to put a thread In the Ohio section, a bunch of the guys live across the big river.

5. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome back - thanks for keeping us all safe.

I don't live in Northern KY but bank fish the Ohio River a couple times a month. Had some good results a couple of weeks ago at the mouth of the Licking River on the Newport side. Nice park area with swing sets for the kids. Was there on a Monday morning, don't know how crowded it is on the weekends.

Throwing out about 1/3 across the Licking about 100 feet from the Ohio River, we were catching some blues and channels. Even caught a striped bass. Used nightcrawlers. Biggest channel was around 6#.

Good luck.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thanks for the service to our great country and welcome home

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you so much for serving in our military. I along with millions of others owe you a great deal gratitude. and your little 14 footer could handle the ohio right now. the water is lake water right now. I live over in indiana and when i have some free time id love to take you out and hopefully get on some good fish in the ohio....hope to talk to you soon. and thank you again

8. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Thanks for your service bro. You've come to right place to find a fishing partner and all the advice and info. you'll ever need for catfishin'. Thanks for coming back to Kentucky, there's no place like home.:wink:

9. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Justin

Welcome back home, I live right near you in Burlington. I fish the Ohio pretty regularly but havent been having much luck lately however you are more than welcome to fish with me. I will probably be drifting for blues this weekend if everything works out right. give me a shout. As far as a 14' boat goes, flootie's right you shouldnt have any problems right now on the big O I have been known to take my kayak out there...the barge wake makes for a fun ride! Still trying to land a 20lb plus out of the kayak.

Thanks for the service to our country!
    Bill

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx for serving our country ! And a warm welcome to the boc .I don't fish the area but there are some smaller lakes up your way too ...Bullock Pen ,AJ Jolly and others go to kdfwr page and you should be able to get info on those lakes . Some have channels /blues /or Flatheads good luck !

11. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Thanks for the warm welcome home ya'll. There certainly is no place like home. I appreciate the kind words. I still have many friends in harms way, and I ask that you all, like me, keep them in your prayers. It has been great to get back and see the family and I cant wait for my wife and kids to get up here and join me. I am just foaming at the mouth to get out there and go catchin. Its like chuck norris says, fishing impies the possibility of failure, lol.