finally back online.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by big-muddy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    boy it took charter long enough to get my internet turned on over here! guys, this city life is so fast paced! the days just fly by here! its a great time but boy am i ever missing the water! cant wait for the weather to warm up so i can get out there. paul, it doesnt look like im gettin that PB this year, but ill survive. somehow. someway.

2. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I haven't forgotten you Shane, just been to busy working and deer hunting. I will start fishing soon, will get in touch when I start catchin. The new house is great, but there is not enough water to launch a boat. We need rain, I think I can launch at thebes, IL. in the mississippi. The other ramps are basicly out of the water.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Shane, good to have you back. After mid-February get ahold of me and bwhupp and I can put you on some big Baldwin blues. I hope to hit Carlyle heavy in the spring and summer.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Tonto- dont worry, buddy, im still holdin you on that trip, but its too dang cold right now! unless of course you have some secret on how to keep warm.
    Aaron- i plan on hitting baldwin and carlyle hard next year. cant wait. thanks guys!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    It's called Carhardts. LOL

Randy scared me... saying he is hauling my butt out there in the middle of winter. So I had to go buy some coveralls and coat that is water proof and hopefully cut that wind out. $200 later at Rural Kings in waterloo... i think I am ready to brave the elements.

Good to have you back!

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Brian - is your new outfit waterproof? You know how bad it gets on Carlyle and Baldwin!:crazy:

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Ya.. supposedly...

Plus with the winds and you driving the boat... my lord... I will need more than just waterproof gear :smile2:

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Glad to see you are back online.

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    im actually gettin interested in this winter fishing thing. its not the cold that scares me, its when i need to tie a knot and my fingers dont work!

10. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shane, Great to see you back and know all is going well. Always look forward to your posts.

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    You and me both Shane. Right now, I don't give a crap.. I just want to fish every bloody weekend. My job is rotten bad and I am broke... fishing is free for me because I have all my equipment already. :smile2:

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    WHAT! I thought you were selling bait to Arron? :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: I usually wait until after the Christmas BS is over with, because I am never sure what "family" deal I am supposed to be at until a couple hours before I should be going :smile2::smile2: But the Batteries are on the charge, and the tank was filled when it was still only an arm and 1 leg to fill, LOL! Have not been doing much on the flats up here at Coffeen but the strippers have been running their usual winter patterns of smashing cranks and jigs while trolling, if that would interest ya one of these days....... also have a Mr. Buddy Heater in the boat that when things start getting numb, well it works pretty well to warm the hands and toes! one nice thing tho, you can stretch the cast net out across the deck and after a minute or two it is solid like a frisbee! :smile2::smile2: throws well that way! :wink:

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Oh dear God Randy.. LOL!!!!

Frisbee Castnetting... now there's a sport I want to see in the olympics.

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i know about bad and broke! i have to drive 30 minutes through rush hour everyday and i havent gotten paid yet since i moved here! its crazy, just a couple months ago, i was only worried about how i was gonna get my arse on the lake, and now im worried all the time about how im gonna get my coffee brewed up in time too get my arse on the road to fight traffic. I came here to play music but so far all ive done is work and drive. damn the corporation!! at least i can see the mississippi everyday and remember that somewhere in that water theres a fish for me.

15. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Don't feel bad bro... I went to University and got my education degree and license... can't find a teaching job. I am an aide right now but doing teacher job. Aide pay for teacher work... soooo messed up. Hang in there.

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Damn BW that s*cks! Funny to how they are always on the news cryin that there isn't enough teachers, my cousin does the same thing, she finally moved for a decent teaching job, then a year later was back to the home town, seems they wanted her to teach but didn't want to pay her to do it.......... what classes do you do?
    I commend ya Bro, I know I couldn't do it, especially in the city, NOPE NO WAY!

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Licensed for Elementary Education k-9 self contained classroom. I teach it all brother! :smile2:

Ya.. the news doesn't know what they are talking about. There is a shortage for Special Education and specialty jobs like sign language/speech pathologist/ etc. A general education teacher though.... no job market.

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Unfortunately, you are correct. The prime jobs are tough; tons of applicants, few positions. People who do take the 'less than ideal' jobs often get stuck there since the higher paying districts don't want to pay for experience. I would recommend offering to coach, sponsor some activity, etc. Hang in there!!!

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother it is great to have you back online...I am sorry you didn't break you PB buddy...I sure hope we can get together and fish some next year...

20. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Few may remember me but Im back too! A lightning strike and a two year old taking every key off my laptop prolonged my comeback. Alands, if you remember a chatted with youa couple times over the spring about hittin Carlyle. Its not a far drive from Centralia. I would like to know where Baldwin is and a little more about it. Love winter fishing(being from Wyoming and all) just dont know how to go about it if it aint through an ICE HOLE. Met a few brethren over the summer. Sure hope to meet many more.

Dru and Trout