finally back home with a Warsaw report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, May 26, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello everyone, finally got back home on Friday from fishing, left on vacation 5-13-08 and fished LOZ in the Warsaw area EVERY DAY with mixed results. When I first got down there I caught a limit of blues every day and only one decent fish in the 20 pound range. Seemed that everyone I talked to was catching all the fish they could catch in the 2-8 pound range including myself, finally went out and caught several in the 8-10 pound range on 5-21-08. Had lots of fun and met a few BOC members at Drake Harbor and also out on the lake. Probably the biggest improvement I made was going to Steve Brown's and investing in 4 driftmaster rod holders and 5 bases per his recommendation. Now that I have them I wonder how I ever fished without them! No more grabbing rods as they start to fly out of the boat. Steve took GOOD care of me and I highly recommend looking him up if you need any equipment that he sells, of course most here already know that. Anyway, I also agree that the fish are probably starting to spawn which has caused the fishing to slow down. Most of the fish I caught were really scraped up with fat bellies. The few that I kept and cleaned had no eggs so must have been males. Shad were easy to find either at the concrete drain in the main channel or in Drake Harbor after dark. It was nice to get away for a while, will be hitting it hard again in July. Chris

2. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    sounds like you had a great time.

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Thanks for the report Chris. Sounds like ya did good as usual. I bet your really glad you got those rod holders. Now you don't have to worry about having a rod fly out of your boat.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sounds like a great trip Chris. It was great meeting you and your dog that night. Man I wish I could make it down there more often. It is a great time and Steve really takes care of his customers.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sounds like you had a great time Chris. I am going to try it down there one of these days. Still looking for a 30 plus this year. I need better luck than I had this past weekend. Glad to here you had a good vacation.

Tom