Finally a respectable flathead catfish!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Sep 27, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been in a major slump this year in the flathead department. I have caught 20 or more between 1-9 lbs and a few 10-19 lbs. I have not been able to break 20 lbs which is unusual for me on the Tusc. Well tonight I can finally feel good about a decent fish. Had to fish in the rain, but it was all worth it. I managed to land a 30 lb flattie measuring 37.5 inches long. Caught on live 6 inch goldfish around 1245 or so.

Before anyone jumps the gun on me for the pic, YES it was taken at the house. I live a couple hundred feet from the river and where I caught the fish. I did not take my scale or camera. The pic is not best quality from my cell phone, but it works for me. The fish was released alive and well.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Early Halloween eh?? :smile2:

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the good fish Bro! Hope to see ya get into some more before the year is up!

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Good catch, congrats on finally breaking the your mark. Kudos on the release, too!

5. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Bank fishing?

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    nice fish. I bet you wish you had caught that one earlier in the day during the tournament.

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That would have been nice, but that's ok too. It was fun fishing a day tourney on the Ohio for the first time. I don't have a complaint other than the fish not hooking up. hahahahaha

SURFPREP - Yes I was bankin it. My local river isn't that big, but holds a lot of bigger fish. It's one of those places because of how shallow it is in general isn't very safe to boat at night.

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey man congrats and nice fish!

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Nice fish,congratulations

10. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    really nice fish my man

11. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Nice job! Congrats!

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats on the great fish bud! Now go get another one!:wink:

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    it's good to hear you got to a nice one :cool2: it's also good to hear that a river i have fished from the age of 7 is doing good:wink: i fish it north of you,( stark co. ) i know ive talked to you about it before, but i wasnt sure if you would remember, keep up the good fishing bud , im wishing you good luck:cool2:

14. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Nice fish..........congrats...........did that one come from the Tuscarawas River !!

15. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
  16. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone! I know it wasn't a monster, but it's been since 2007 since I landed a 30 lb fish. good thing is, there's still time to get another:cool2: