Finally a no wind day

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Stevej, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Got to go back out to the lake this morning after about 2 weeks of cold weather and lots of wind. Didn't really know what to expect but had pretty good luck. Brought home 33 and only 2 under 10"., biggest was 1-7 which is a nice fish for Okatibbee. Blue/chartruse was the best color by far, 7 to 12 FOW.

[​IMG]

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Dang dude that's a nice mess ya got there. I wish I knew how to catch em like yall do. :tounge_out:

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Now thats a great catch. what were you using? Im going out on thursday if its not raining again.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Nice! I got out Tues. and only caught a few. Water temp is still in the upper 40s and the crappie were on the bottom. (17')
    One female had eggs tho.
    Bill

5. broncstomper

broncstomper New Member

State:
    ga
    good catch, Here in Ga we ain't havin no luck

6. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    This is my main lure lure, the weight has the rubber band to keep it in place and when moving you can pull it down against the lure and not have a lot of loose line. If the rubber will not hold on your line you can give it a couple of twists while on your line and it will stay in place. I mainly do tightlining or slow trolling with about 4 rods out and start out with different color tubes and let the crappie tell me what they want, yesterday it was blue/chartruse and the time before it was gold/white. Hope this has been of some help to some.

[​IMG]

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice catch.

Sometimes the wind can be your friend in crappie fishing as it allows me to drift and to cover lots of water. Its just like slow trolling. Now I am talking about moderate wind and not the kind with white caps and you gettin soaked. But light - moderate wind can be a plus in locating crappie.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Pitched under docks Tuesday using a red and white tube on a jig and got some nice ones. Water temp around 60 and the females had eggs. Spawn is closing in!
    Bill

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice mess, of Crappie!