FINALLY, a new fish finder

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Feb 19, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I finally ordered a new fish finder today.

I went with the Lowrance LMS 527c..Its got an internal gps built in, colored screen, 4000 watts peak to peak power, 480x480 pixels, cant wait to get it..This will be my first Lowrance, and my first colored unit..It will be nice to finally have a decent depth finder on the boat..Should have it by Friday according to the marina I bought it from..I had my choice between a single freq transducer or a dual freq, I chose the single freq w/ a 20 degree cone angle, and they have to order it directly from Lowrance, so I wont have the transducer for about 2 weeks..Hopefully it will come right as it is starting to warm up and i can slap it on the boat, and hit the river...Thanks to Doc, and DH for all their help and insight about the different fish finders, they both helped me out alot.

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Sounds Sweet! Congrats!

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Matt, I hope you enjoy it. I like my 525. It is the same thing except mine have the external GPS antenna.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Congrats on the new Lowrance. I have a LMS 332c on my Tracker and have had nothing but good things to say about it. I think the one you bought is what replaced the unit I have. The map cards are a nice upgrade to the GPS on the unit.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Matt, I expect to see tons of big fish pics from you this year!

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt what happened to u getting the humming bird ?

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the finder matt.. I have still yet to get to use mine, the river has just been mad!!! thanks again DH for helping me. I got the hummingbird 767 gps system. rollo

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I like the Humminbirds, and actually I really couldnt decide between the two..But I got a better deal on the Lowrance, and it basically has the exact same specs, and features( other than the weather feature the Humminbird has), so I went with the Lowrance model..Im sure I would have been thrilled about either or to be honest. Plus I have talked to Lowrance on the phone a few times recently, and their customer service is outstanding, they were way more helpgul to me than humminbird was when I talked to them.

9. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I bought the same one about two months ago. I have had it out once and love it. It is going to take awhile to learn everything about it but once I do look out. lol

10. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    A depth finder? I though that's what boat paddles and anchors were for :smile2:.....at least that's what i've been using. I have found a few places where we catch fish so I stick to them.....one of these days i'll stop being lazy and put the portable depth finder that dad has on my boat and see what happens.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well I got my new finder, and it read throught the owners manual..Its crazy to me what these newer fish finders are capable of..Never hooked up a GPS so that looks a little different, but nothing to major...Cant wait to get it on the boat..