Finally....a few. 12 pound and 9 pound catfish!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Jan 10, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Well, we didn't catch the 130lber or a 20lber for that matter, but we did manage to catch two fish -- a 12lber and 9lber. We lost one that was hooked and a two other bites. Only fished 4 spots.

This is promising for team nutroll since we've been getting skunked fairly frequently. Scoped plenty of fish again, so I'm still at a lost trying to decipher between the carp and the kitty's.

Furthermore, those were my first two fish on the Missouri. We are stoked.

I suspect we could have had a better day, but my fishing partner, Pearl, had a complete meltdown. That guy couldn't tie his shoes today.......a liability to say the least.

2. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That's weird. I didn't highlight the size of the fish in my subject line??? Something has been automated.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We do it for search engines...

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats, not that bad of a day puttin those fish in the boat. Beats sittin on the couch right? :wink:

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Way to go Greg. I assume you found bait ok. It really is hard to catch fish during these trying conditions and then you have to carry a partner too. Really puts a strain on a guy. River needs to fall a couple of more feet.:wink::big_smile:

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah, I caught some bait....but not a lot of shad. I got all of the little Asians I wanted, but only a handful of shad. 1 fish on asian, 1 fish on shad. The one lost and everything else was on shad.....I just wish I had more of them now. They hate the goldeye.

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Congratulations on fish in the boat!!! Tough to do sometimes... And really tough to do in these conditions!

8. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    good job catchin in these conditions

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Dink and Al Struckoff fished below St. Charles today. They said they got 6. 3 in the 20s a 5, a 6, and an 8. Had some other light bites. Hopefully the river is gettin down to where it needs to be.