Finally a Chain!!!

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by C_wernett, Oct 26, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, after man a year in search for an elusive chain pickeral, I finally managed to catch my first while fishing a bass tournament on Lake Gaston, NC.

We were fishing day 2 of the tournament after having a pretty rough first day, only two small keepers at a combined weight of 2.3lbs. We had been doing a lot better, fishing the same areas and pretty much throwing the same lures. We tried a new cove and I pitched a green pumpkinseed craw on a slider worm jig, worked it back about half way when this bugger nailed it. I knew right away it wasn't a bass, and nearly lost it when I saw it was a pickeral!!!

He weighed in at just shy of three pounds, which doesn't make him a big one, but not bad for a fish that finally broke my catchless streak.

Attached Files:

2. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    whoa, thats perty good, i didn't think we had those but you showed everybody how we do it in the NC

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    kinda looks like a little musky or pike. i've never caught one. is it a hard fighting fish? it looks fun! nice catch!

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    One of my Favrite fish just don`t stick your fonger in his mouth oh oh:that_hurt:

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah, they fight pretty good. The don't "bulldog" like a bass does, but shoot side to side, thrash their head, and make some pretty good arials. The don't fight quite as hard a northerns or muskies, but they don't get nearly as big either. I've been pursuing them for some time now and finally got one...now to target a TROPHY!

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Congrats on the nice pikeral. I love fishin for them they are so vicious for there size

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice fish congrats its really cool to finally hit your mark

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Congrats on the catch. To catch any fish you have never caught before is usually a memory added to your fishing experiences. Vern

9. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks everyone...and I'm staying on the lookout to add names to my list of species caught. I did it again this weekend! Check out the saltwater stuff later to see how I did!

10. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice fish, the closest thing to a pike/pickerel I caught is gar.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Looks like your perseverance finally paid off bro! Congratulations!