Final decision

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 223reload, Oct 27, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well after waitin till the last minet i decided to go shell out the 44.00 for a deer lic.even if only five days because my son really wants dad to hunt with him and mostly because i havent gotten to hunt with him since he was 16 so we're goin hintin tomorrow if we happen to get lucky i might just show all you whitetail hunters what a realdeer looks like [just kiddin]
    but we've got some big mulies here if we can find em before the multitude stirs em up anyway im looking forward to spending some good times with my boy

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    good luck hope ypu all get the big one cant wait to see the pics

3. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    way to be a cool dad... Shell out the money like a dad too lol :lol:

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good luck Richard. Sounds like money well spent to me. New Mexico is some of the country that really impressed me well in my small travels as a younger man. If I remember, the mulies really rack out compared to whitetail. Hope you get some pictures for us. Light breeze and ease to ya.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes Mulies are huge compared to Whitetail,go get em be safe have fun and post a trophy!:big_smile:

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hope you have a great day the $ is worth it for the time with your son:smile2:

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awesome, I hunt nearly every year with one or the other of my two sons and it's better than the friends I have. Also they won't let me pull them out, I guess they think I'm too old but that's alright too!!!!

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    44.00 for the tags
    20.00 for a box of shells
    100.00 for a deer stand
    hunting with your son all week long....PRICELESS.

9. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Good luck and let us know how it goes......

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well hunting has been great but finding a legal buck hasent as of sundown today score is deer 7 hunter 0 we saw about 30 deer today 7 bucks 4 were spikes and 3 were forks none of which are defined as legal they gotta have three on a t least one side man ive never tried to grow horns so bad in my life walked up on a bedded buck this morning in a mesquite patch he stood up and i watched him through the scope for 5 full minets waiting for his ears to move to see the full antler never did finally ambled out of site but lots of walking we hiked aroumd 12 miles this weekend and this old man hurts in places i forgot i had but we still got three more days

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the update i was wondering if you connected or not. just keeping hiking, there is a giant right over the hill. just got to figure out which hill.....:lol: good luck and hang in there!

12. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Good luck, Hope to see some pictures of that monster

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Isn't it funny the "Parts" ya find as ya get older. I got hair everywhere but where I need it....and even it hurts after something like that.....Keep after em. I want to see a picture.