Fin-Nor or Okuma

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by neocats, Dec 11, 2006.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    If you had a choice of either a Fin-Nor Steele River Spinning Combo SR4000/IS701MH or an Okuma Avenger Bait Feeder Spin Combo with ABF65 reel. which would you rather use. MSRP on the Fin-Nor is $120.00 and on the Okuma it's $80.00.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Fin-Nor Hands Down!! Nuff Said. J.D.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Gotta agree with JD.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've never owned a Fin-nor but all the guys I know that do rave about them. For the price that they bring, I'm sure none of them would be bashful about griping, if they had problems.

HTH, Elliot

5. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I had 1 of the older Fin's and it was great but I heard they sold out to another company and the newer reels are a lot cheaper made not positive on this. The 1 I had was a ultralite and it was like I said great... I also have a Okuma spinning reel V80a on a beach runner rod 10' I think it is and I can cast that sob farther than anything I have ever seen. They are both good quality reels dont think you could really go wrong either way...

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Okumas are good but the fin-nor is better

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Does the bait feeder system on the Okuma work the same as the bait clicker on a regular bait caster?

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ya it does! it just not that loud.

9. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man I loved my Fin Nor I had, that thing was the sweetest rod and reel setup I've ever had until Grandpa borrowed it for a fishin trip and never returned it... months later i ask about it and he mysteriously denies ever using it... either he lost ir or it's in his fishin room hidden from me b/c he liked it so much... prolly the latter of the two.

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Not even considering the Shimano Bait Runner?