Filled two tags in two days

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Wil, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    o ya.. called the first one in the first morning i was out there, i went in at about 10 in the morning when i heard him gobblin so i set up and started callin but he wouldnt come, i used all of my calls and he wouldnt budge. then i remembered a tip from an ole veteran hunter he said that if you scratch the ground itll sound like a turkey scratchin so i did that and 5 minutes later i had me a good sized ole gobbler! then the second day i wanted an eatin bird so i went to a spot where i knew there were jakes and i saw one runnin in, i parked set up and called and another 5 minutes passed before he was comin in at full strut, when he got to about 45 yards i had to cough and i couldnt hold it and when i did he was walkin off and i thought to myself "now or never" and i shot and he dropped. that $700 benelli 12ga. really came through for me there! ill have pics up later! i done good this season alright!

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    this one is of the jake i shot
    [​IMG]

these two are of the tom i shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way TO GO ,man thats great I got two this evenin myself.

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    the spurs were 7/8 of an inch long and the beard was 9 3/4 inches long on the tom. the bird weighed about 25 pounds so it was a big one. the jake was a big jake too i think he wieghed about 18 pounds. spurs and beard are little but he was a jake.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my friend shot one too, not quite as big as mine but still pretty big, 9\8 3/4 beard, 3/4 spurs and 23 pounds