Fill out them warranty cards,

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Fill out them warranty cards,

I don’t know how many of you take the warranty cards and registration, serious I do. over the last few years I have saved a ton of money In repairs, Take the time out to fill out all the info and send it in. Several years ago my mossberg 9200 auto shotgun was just plum wore out and I sent it back to mossberg they rebuilt the action at no cost to me. I can say this the same to other items I have, just recently my son’s xbox 360 went down and they are covering all the cost because of the time I took to fill out that little card.

I know it is a real hassle to fill out these little cards and send them in. I have found that doing it does make life a little easer, from everything to a simple game to computer programs, computer programs that are registered will allow me to get up grades and support when needed. , Just wanted to share this with you all .

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I also take the time to fill them things ouy too.You'll never know what might happen to a pruduct after you purchase it.The easy part is now you can fill alot of them out online.:big_smile_2::0a23:

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i just wish car warranties were a little more coverage and a lot less speculation, if you miss ONE oil change receipt they can deny your claim because they can say you didnt do YOUR part of keeping a record of the oil changes and can void the warranty! i know because we had a DAEWOO NUBIRA and they stuck it to us, the engine locked up BUT we got regular oil changes between 2-300,000 miles and their was an internal problem and the oil was sludging up the engine even keeping the oil changed DIDNT work, and we had the engine flushed completely BEFORE it locked up, so it was truly a faulty part on the car that SHOULD'VE been covered butin our mistake we lost ONE of the earlier receipts(from the first year we had it) and they used it against us and voided the warranty! so we had to keep paying on the car plus almost 3,000$ to replace the engine in it! a lesson i learned was ALWAYS keep records of anything you do to a car or it will cost you more later on!
    now thats a painful lesson on an already useless type of car! lol
    no wonder you could buy them for 2,000$ brand new there for a while! lol
    :tounge_out::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Trippy, you may have already thought of this.. If your using one of those Quick Lube type places, you can go there and ask them for a full report (great paperwork for when your reselling your car as well).. They can print out a report with every time you've had your car in there...

5. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i thought of that bro unfortunately it was my wifes car and she couldnt remember the places she got the oil changed from four years back lol and it could have all been avoided if we took it to the same place every time we changed the oil, but whats done is done lol :sad2::roll_eyes: always stick with the fine print! and if they can find a way to not pay you? they will use it in a heartbeat lol :tounge_out:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    If he was using one of those it could well been the problem. They have been know NOT to change the oil but charge people for it... caught on cameras in several cities. I've used them but I watched them all the time. :wink:

Our Avalanche's computer shows when oil changes are done... in fact Onstar sends me email when oil change is due.

Jeff, good advice on filling out the cards.
    I usually don't unless they pay the postage. Most of them now days can be done online. I think by law they are still required to honor their warranty even if you don't fill out the card but the registration might make it easer.
    I think the cards are used more for surveys on their customers.

Another back up for warranties.. some credit cards double the manufacturers warranty on any purchase made with the card and they have the record of purchase.

I bought a Sony camera, registered it online. It failed before warranty expired... I called, reminded Sony I had registered it, they said that didn't matter, to send PROOF of PURCHASE with the camera to get repairs.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am the world's worst when it comes to filling out the cards. I really need to start.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have never filled em out either, but may from now on.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont fill them out . The one basic reason I dont. They have my name and address and telephone number which I voluntarily gave them and they can voluntarily sell or use for their own marketing purposes. They sell product, I buy product. They dont need to know who I am . I have receipt of the transaction.

Those sign up for a free???????? whatever at the mall. Fill out your name address, and of course the telephone number we can reach you at if you win.
    You are doing nothing more then inviting your mailbox to be filled and your phone ringing off the hook.
    You signed up for the no call list?
    Remember the entry form you signed all excited you might win a new John Deere mower? Thats the waiver.

While I'm at it. Extended warranties.
    In 99% of the cases its foolish to buy into these for any item unless you are getting an obscene deal like 25 bucks for three years. Otherwise you are saying. "Hey I like this refrigerator so much instead of paying you 1500 bucks for it me the wife have no problem paying you 1850.00 for it. Your refrigerator is so worth it."
    Think realisticly. Whats the chances that a new refrigerator will knock off in the first 3 years? I wouldnt be willing to bet that it would. There are too many out here still plunking along after 30 years.
    Electronics are outdated before nightfall. Who wants to pay for an extended warranty on something outdated? Not me.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Agree with Mark about the cards being mainly for marketing. Not as many questions online but they still get your name and address.

Also agree about extended warranties.
    We never buy them, stores love them and push them, there is more profit in the extended warranty than in the product.
    Refrigerators and freezers... our first freezer, 45 years old, still works, daughter has it. Have bought three refrigerators over the years, counting the one we have now... only had a couple minor problems that I fixed.