Filet knives.

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by MichaelP, Nov 19, 2008.

1. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I personally catch and release EVERY fish I catch, but what are some of your favorite brands of fillet knives? Filleting the larger fish sometimes will dull a cheap one after several fish, so Im looking to cut down on cuttin' and concentrate on cookin!

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nothing but Rapala for me.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have always had the Wood handle Rapalas also since I was a kid, great knives!!! Have 2 in the garage right now. Really stay sharp...

But when ya got a huge mess of fish to clean for a fry, one of those new fangled electrics are the ticket....:wink:

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    An electric knife never even dawned on me. Im thinking thanksgiving turkey, but it should work like a charm.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    electric knives are great. IF you are used to using them. not like a flaying knife. doesn't bend like them. but once you get used to them, can whip through the fish or whatever. i can flay catfish in nothing flat now with one. but took lots of practice.
    gary

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, work great, make short work of alot of fish. Just takes some gettin used to as Gary said.... Don't use the turkey kind though....look for the one's specifically for fish...Walmart, Bass Pro, Cabelas etc... they have more flexible fillet knife shaped blades....

7. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I have a Rapala electric fillet knife, and it is a great tool. Try it, you'll like it.

However, if turkey is what you are slicing, then the old $20 Black and Decker electric knife is just the ticket.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I keep a 12v electic knife in my boat. Good for a hundred stripers at Pleasent of a few carps for cut bait when flat fishing.

~A

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    HUH? *confused*

10. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Haha, exactly.