Fights Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Nov 7, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Less than a half hour CBS saturday night fights!!! Fedor vs Rogers, Jake Shields vs Mayhem Miller, MOusasi and some others. Should be a good card.:big_smile:

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    the mousasi fight was pretty good. alot of action in that one.

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That was my first pick for fight of the night............but the shields/miller fight was good for the transitions......even though I think shields was playing it more safe by holding it on the ground. If anyone else noticed, Jake didn't do much on the ground. he had a few times he tried some ground and pound, but most of the time he was just reacting to miller trying to escape and tried subs as they came up.......but not much actual aggression.

4. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Overall I think it was a great night of fights. The wrestling and transitions of miller and shields was different that what is usually seen in fights. Musasi was all out and even fedor and rogers was exciting. Even silva and werdum ws entertaining.

5. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    I had never seen Fedor fight live, I had never heard such a loud punch, I had never seen such explosion out of a fighter like I did last night

Fedor is one scary mofo, it was just amazing how easily he could get out of mounts and it seemed like his busted nose didn't even faze him

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Watch some more MMA.....you'll see lots of others much like him in those points you mentioned. He's very good, but he showed even more weakness this fight than he did against Arlovski.

7. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    CHeck out some of his youtube fights or highlights if you havent. His fight against kevin randleman he was suplexed on his head and in less than a minute he was tapping from an armbar. His fights against big nog are good too.

CHeck out the 55 second mark.
    [youtubevid]T_uw6g4TMxY[/youtubevid]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  8. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Rocky, I do watch a lot of MMA, mainly it has been the UFC, but Saturday night was the first time I had watched a StrikeForce event and I really liked it

I seen a bunch of Fedors fights on YouTube but not live, I seen one fight where he nearly got knocked out, he was stumbling a lot and grabbed onto his onto opponent and later on I think he knocked him out or something

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That fight was awesome.......the good ole Fedor rubber leg dance....hahaha

Derbycity- those highlight vids are awesome! Watch some of the KO highlights if you haven't already!