Fighting the James River Blues!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ste6168, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thought you all might be interested in this. Saw it today on field and stream online. Some of you may know the guide, or he may very well be a part of the BOC!

Link: Fighting the James River Blues

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Very cool...thanks for sharing.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Cool, never seen that one before. Thanks for posting it.

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Have several friends who have went out with Chris, and all had a good time. Several of them are even on the BOC here. I recently got down on the james about a month ago and just looking around for 2 days, it's easy to see why the James is a premier river for Blues. I'm already planning on heading back down in April for vacation. it's one of those things that seems like you just can't get enough of.

I can see why the locals around there like it so much. It is a great fishery.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Hey Pip,

I lived in Chambersburg as a kid....at Letterkenny Army Depot. I hear that place is deserted now.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa

Letterkenny isn't what it used to be as you might remember. It got hit in the base closures. there was a lot of ... guess the word would be reorganizing. It's far from abandon, a lot of reconditioning of military equipment (you name it) going on. They are constantly expanding and opening up new jobs from what I can tell. I do know there is a lot of trucking of equipment going in and out of there everyday. When the base closed, a lot of people were worried, but things have turned around a bit for the better economic wise. Got quite a few friends working there and seem to be doing ok.

there is still parts of the base that won't be in public hands for a long long time for security reasons as you can imagine. The military still has control of part of it, it seems.

7. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks like I've seen that boat when I've fished off the pier at Charles City.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for the update! I fished that lake on the base alot....begged my parents to take me down there any chance I could. Had some great neighbors who took me fishing alot too. Great smallmouth fishing, big carp, and I remember catching trout in there too. There are also a couple of small ponds scattered in there, and I remember catching a catfish out of one. Great memories...:roll_eyes:

9. Catmandu

Catmandu New Member

State:
    Virginia
    have fished with chris once and learned a lot from him if you can afford one trip its worth it . his little tricks are well worth the price let alone the fish he'll put you on went with him and put 9 fish in the boat 6 citations biggest @ 69 this comes from someone who regularly catches my fair share of overly large cats just give him a call 'steve'

10. Catmandu

Catmandu New Member

State:
    Virginia
    have fished with chris once and learned a lot from him if you can afford one trip its worth it . his little tricks are well worth the price let alone the fish he'll put you on went with him and put 9 fish in the boat 6 citations biggest @ 69 this comes from someone who regularly catches my fair share of overly large cats just give him a call 'steve'

11. Catmandu

Catmandu New Member

State:
    Virginia