Fight the Governor!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by joesf, Feb 10, 2006.

1. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Well here we go again!!

Seems like we are alway trying to keep Mr. Blagojevich from mucking up our state.

Everyone please get out your voters registration and go the the petition (address to follow) and fill out the information as it appears on your card so we can try and keep the outdoors activities that we all love affordable for all IL residents.

www.CommitteeForLegislativeAction.org

2. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit New Member

State:
    Blue Island, Ill
    Just filled out the petition's :thumbsup:

3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Everytime I turn around someone is sticking it to the tax payers of Illinois. I thought he was about paying the states debt with no new taxes or fees? At least that is what he ran on. What a putz...first Ryan and now Rod..they both deserve what they get. Jail and voted out of office next year.

Darrell

4. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
  5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    He has 500 fees that he had plans on raising. Only a fraction of these have passed some where defeated we should back this petition or things will only get worse.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Just went thru some of the fees. Are you sure you don't live in INDIANA?
    Bill

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Fees are just another nice way to say "Taxes".:crying:

8. tm509

tm509 New Member

State:
    central IL
    I do not like them any more than you, but I will pay to play.

9. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Your right Joe - thanks for the heads up!!!

If your not interested in this than be prepared to stop your sports activity because it won't end here!!!

10. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    Although I am from a neighboring state, so my petioning Illinois taxes that I don't agree with means nothing to Illinois Governors. However, such taxes may be viewed as "working" and might head my way.

However, "fees" maybe another word for "taxes" but sometimes they aren't one and the same. Sometimes they are good (???GOOD TAXES???), I mean the money has to come from somewhere, right? (At least for some of these things, I mean sometimes their is over spending, mis-appropriated funds, excessive taxing, etc.) However, programs require money from taxes. A fee is typically targeted toward a group of people. For example lets say they have a pesticide fee, and lawn pesticide manufacturers have to pay 1$ for every gallon created, the companies create 10 million gallons, then the money is used to clean up pesticide-runoff and increase fisheries. They could have gotten this $10 million from increasing everbodies state taxes or home owners taxes, or fisherman's taxes, or someother group's taxes. However, the money has to come from somewhere (I know this $1 a gallon is usually passed onto the consumer, but in reality only those using lawn pesticides and manufacturing these pesticides would pay). However, just be aware about the specifics behind each "fee" and "tax". Ask questions about who pays, who could be paying, who should be paying, how much, where is the money going, what's it being used for, how its being used, and is it working? Become an educated voter.

In other words, don't just petition "all" taxes! Some people do this, and the government ignores them because it is unreal. Just petition those taxes and fees that apply to you and are "bad" to you, and explain why you don't agree? Give solutions to makeing you happy? The government is more likely to listen to a single educated voter targeting a specific tax, then a mass produced - mass signed petition calling for the end to a large range of taxes that may or may not be "bad". Persistence is the key, be educated, and be heard.

11. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Environmentor, you got to know the whole story behind this. They raised fees on just about everything you have to pay a fee for. And then cleaned out a bunch of the funds these fees were supposed to go for (like cleaning up) and put it in the General Fund so it could be spent for things the money wasn't intended for. Like pork.
    What they did was raise the taxes without calling it what it was.
    Here's an example of what they went so far to do to make money.
    Every time your registration is set to expire, you get a notice from the Secretary of State saying it's time to pony up. Well, they stopped sending the notices, and also tacked on a new $20.00 surcharge if you were late renewing your plates. And didn't tell anyone. Now, who pays attention when their registration is close to expiring when the state sends you a reminder? They made $20,000,000.00 this year off that little trick. And had anticipated making a lot more. And they admitted it, that they anticipated making a lot more. And then had the stones to say a lot of the notices not being delivered was due to a new system they were experimenting with. That system is called ripping off your citizens and seeing how much you can get away with.
    Well, November is coming and I hope they get the message.
    Rat

12. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    HERE HERE Im all for getting him out of office. I for one am so tired of the way that they are helping us out. they take take take but never put back. It is just one more straw on the back of this old camel I dont think it will ever end..
    just my 2 cents worth
    Bondman

13. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    Thanks Rat (also, I enjoy reading your posts and enjoy your point of view on most posts that I see you on and I agree with alot/all of what I have heard you say/type). Yeah, I didn't know the "whole" story behind this thread (being an Iowan, I am not educated on Illinois state laws/taxes - guess it's my own fault for not being educated). Thanks for educating me on the subject. I just thought it was the average "I hate taxes" rant most everybody does now and again. I have heard so many people rant about all taxes, like they want a tax-free society (living in a dream world). However, I now know that this isn't the situation. Well, "I hate" the pork (gotta cut the fat) and log rolling and all the other little, dirty "tricks" politicians try, too. If they raised the fees on EVERYTHING, and aren't spending the money properly (just using it for "general funds" or "pork") then you guys are RIGHT for protesting EVERYTHING. Well, I am just a neighbor (Iowa) and don't live in your house (Illinois), but it sounds like you guys really need to clean house. I hope you get him out of office and get taxes/fees/everything returned to normal or even "better" than normal. Good luck!