Fig Rig

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tkishkape, Dec 27, 2006.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I have been using Fig Rig "Carbon Classic" model 400 when drifting for catfish on the Arkansas River very successfully. The rod is designed to handle up to 80 pound test and is so incredibly sensitive that I now use Fig Rig rods exclusively on my boat in tournaments and for guided clients. The rods are mated with Abu Garcia Ambassador 6000, 6500 and 7000. These rods are great. If anyone is interested in looking at the Fig Rig website, PM me for the URL or do a search.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Fig Rig is designing a new caatfish rod which they are planning on introducing in early 2007. I can't wait to see them.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Guys I have been testing the new Catfish rod now for over a month and I think you are good to like this one. I will have a report on it done here after the first of the year. I want to get some more big blues on it before I make up my mind about it but so far so good. I would like to see how it done on them very cold days with a 30 or 40 lb blue on the other in down about 50'
    but I will keep you posted on it.

Its an 8' and I'm using a BPS catmaxx reel with 50lb cajun red line. I have been using it to fish deep water with 8oz sinkers. I have pull about 20 big cats so far with the biggest one at 47 lbs.

4. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hopefully the Fig Rig catfish rods won't have anywhere near the volume of problems that Fig Rig has had with some of their other rods.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Does your user name imply that you are an Esox rod user?

6. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No it doesn't. Esox Rods are a very nice production stick, perhaps the best. However, I would not spend that kind of $$$$ on them when I can get custom made rods with Diamondback blanks for an equal or lesser price.