FIE

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by massa_jorge, Sep 8, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was going through one of my gun safes wiping down the guns when i came across an old .22 mag revolver marked FIE. i barely remember when i bought it, from an older guy who is legally blind and cannot see the sights. i think the last time i got it out was 2 years ago, when i was starting my oldest daughter shooting handguns. it's really accurate and is pretty smooth. i guess they are made in italy and imported through miami, fl. it would make a great little trapline gun. has anyone else had dealings with the company or its guns? just curious.

2. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bought a 9mm Parabellum Italian import years ago manufactured by Tanfoglio. When I was researching them I found that the same gun was imported by two different companies, FIE and Excam both located in Fla. and the only difference was model numbers. FIE was a TZ model and Excam was a TA model. Turned out to be what I considered an exceptionally good handgun and I never had any problems with it. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sun's up now, so here's what it looks like-

Attached Files:

• FIE.jpg
      FIE.jpg
      File size:
      44.9 KB
      Views:
  4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jordan,I had one years ago,but I dropped it and the frame broke top strap and under just in front of the trigger,Hated to loose that gun,I really liked it.

5. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Jordan I used to have one too. I believe the parts are made in Italy and assembled in Fla. thats what I was told anyhow.

6. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I had a good friend who used to shoot one a lot. It seemed accurate and well made. Should be good for any 22 pistol application. I believe they are made will almost all cast parts, so probably won't be a durable as a Ruger or S&W, but should be OK. If I owned it I'd shoot it all the time, just like I do my other jillion or so weapons.